Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firefox

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    U cant open MSN email arrivial notification with Firefox.
    but for rest u can change the defualt setting, in firefox> tools>options>general>set as defualt

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    god this is such a pain in the ass.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by mofos+23 June 2004 - 02:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mofos @ 23 June 2004 - 02:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@23 June 2004 - 00:44
    You can remove ie and just about any other built-in software in windows with XPlite.&nbsp; Last time I tried it worked pretty good.&nbsp; Just don&#39;t go removing too many key components or it may cause xp to be unstable.&nbsp; I removed ie and crappy windows movie maker with no probs.

http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html
    hmm if i was to uninstall IE and i wnted to reinstall it later would i have any problems? and 2 is uninstalling IE a good idea? :helpsmile: [/b][/quote]
    I did not have any problems when I uninstalled ie. Windows file Protection has to be turned "off" in order for you to remove any of thoose. That program does it with easy to use interface. Just use common sense, if you use a program that "explicitly" depends on ie then it&#39;s obviously not wise to remove it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    i cant edit my file types. i guess its coz of sme tweak i did which i forgot or it mite be xplite. i suppose the default file handlers r stored in the registry. if so can ne1 post the reg keys wit firefox as the default app.
    thanx

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    umm, i did everything as mentioned above & restarted. all file types are set to firefox except url. i went to set program access n defaults n it says use default browser n the box is check to allow access to IE n firefox. n same wit MS MV, but access is also not checked thou i did check it n set firefox as my default browser. it shows firefox on my startmenu but the messenger links still dont work
    ne help. how did things work after uninstalling IE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123