Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last Hope...

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    but i dont wannnnnnnt tooooooooooooo i just did last month,.

im thinking of insatlling xp if i do. last time i was getting errors out the wazoo. any precautions i should take? any things i should so after i sintall?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@25 June 2004 - 18:21
    but i dont wannnnnnnt tooooooooooooo i just did last month,.

im thinking of insatlling xp if i do. last time i was getting errors out the wazoo. any precautions i should take? any things i should so after i sintall?
    uhh, tommorrow when im less drunk i will tell you what u need to install xp corp... (got a serial number and shit, cant read it lol.)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    dunn worrie about that i have a legit copy of xp home.

but as i posted in software world, i formatted and put a 98 boot disc so i could read the cd and when i type d:/setup it says that this program cant be run in dos.

thats funny cause when u format thats all u got left. and the box says for computers without windows

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@25 June 2004 - 23:27
    dunn worrie about that i have a legit copy of xp home.

but as i posted in software world, i formatted and put a 98 boot disc so i could read the cd and when i type d:/setup it says that this program cant be run in dos.

thats funny cause when u format thats all u got left. and the box says for computers without windows
    oh, with xp home u dont start it that way...there is like D:\i386\nt setup or some shit..

but instead of that, u just set bios to boot from cd then put in cd and reboot, then it says press a key and u start setup. that is it. formatting and partitioning stuff is in teh setup

xp is so advanced, eh?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    alrite i stayed up all night installing everything again, got all the critical updates too. now earlier i opened up my comp , it didnt occour to me then but i only have a fan on the cpu, and on the vid card. its a 800mhz, gforce 2 mx 220, 384mb of ram ,and a new 80gig harddrive. should i have an extra fan?

how do i tell the inside temp with aida 32?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@26 June 2004 - 11:57
    alrite i stayed up all night installing everything again, got all the critical updates too. now earlier i opened up my comp , it didnt occour to me then but i only have a fan on the cpu, and on the vid card. its a 800mhz, gforce 2 mx 220, 384mb of ram ,and a new 80gig harddrive. should i have an extra fan?

how do i tell the inside temp with aida 32?
    says it somewhere in aida32, but isn't too detailed, download either speedfan or motherboard monitor 5 to see the temps of all things monitored in your computer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123