Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Cards Duel

Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by davinda@21 March 2003 - 10:25
    I must be really unlucky then, recently installed catalyst 3.1 and it fried windows. ATI might get it right one day I guess, but don't hold your breath.
    You really are unlucky, because they are great drivers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Super, btw...

the nv35 is the next high end card from graphzilla, (nvidia), not the low end... the nv31's have already been paper released...

the nv35 is suppoesed to compete with the 9800 256meg pro card, and such, its not a low end card.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@21 March 2003 - 21:07
    Super, btw...

the nv35 is the next high end card from graphzilla, (nvidia), not the low end... the nv31's have already been paper released...

the nv35 is suppoesed to compete with the 9800 256meg pro card, and such, its not a low end card.
    Nope, you are wrong. NV30 is the big one, NV31 is mid-range and NV34 is the bargain chip. If you want proof, then read this.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    Radeon 9500 is as fast as a GeForce4Ti 4400....

for the money, the GeForceTi4600 is the best buy with the best performance for your money....

if u have money to waste, get the 4800 or an FX.....

ATI Radeon's 9700Pro beats the GeForce4Ti4600, but not by much....
    their 9800Pro is comparable to the GeForce4800.....

FX beats them all, but not by much, not worth it for the money....

BOTTOM LINE:
    either get a GeForce4Ti4600 or ATI Radeon 9700.......

wait for NVidia to come out with a better card, since the FX barely surpasses the Radeon 9800......

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    LOL You all are funny allmost every card u have mensioned is so close in performance (if properly configured) that u could not tell the diffrence if it wasnt for bench marks

ya all read to much advertising

btw i use a matrox g200 w/ 8 Mb video ram and it works fine for everything i need
    only thing i found that it wont work with so far is Warcraft 3
    but then again i hate 1st person shooters except for mechwarior and i play it for the strat more then the 1st person shooter part of it and it plays that fine with all setings set to highest posable. hi res, sorced lighting, hi detail, and full anamation

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I must be really unlucky then, recently installed catalyst 3.1 and it fried windows. ATI might get it right one day I guess, but don't hold your breath.
    Well you probably had the drawing time problem which is created by SmartGart which you need to disable in services.

easier way to do that is get the new 3.2 they fixed it up...I had the same problem with 3.1 and had to system restore to 3.0 and live till 3.2

also
    If you really want to go out and pay £300 for a graphics card that is full of bugs then go ahead.
    ati still have driver problems.
    nvidia fx is a bit new. (and does beat the ati in benchmarks)
    get a ti 4600 it will run any game that is likely to be out in the next year so why pay for new technology that is yet to be proven.
    bet you bought a betamax

This looks like one of those fans who a year ago was bragging about how Nvidia's mighty new card was going to come out so SOON..
    And how ATI had no chance JUST becuase fans like yourself were obsessed with thier GF4 TI's.

Well Nvidia's day is over if you haven't noticed..
    ATI has stepped up pulled out some amazing cards pretty damn quick. ATI is getting more Motherboard sponsorships and more companies are turning to them.

Simple: ATI is the solution. They did have some bugs with old drivers on XP but most are fixed and can be due to the personal hardware not the company drivers.
    Make sure you buy a good version of the card. Not the cheap version you find online.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    OMFG QuietSilence!!!!

OMG!!!!!

8MB!!!!

get a new card, seriously.....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    This looks like one of those fans who a year ago was bragging about how Nvidia's mighty new card was going to come out so SOON..
    And how ATI had no chance JUST becuase fans like yourself were obsessed with thier GF4 TI's.

really don`t think so i use a geforce ti4200 64mb which i bought about 2 weeks ago
    I have read some reviews of the fx card and all of these rate the geforce as a better card than the radeon
    and ati drivers are full of bugs and always will be

we`ll see

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    hows this one? im planning to get this one... is there a better one for a little cheaper or a little more expensive?

ATI OEM RADEON 9000 Atlantis 64MB DDR W/TV out NO DVI, BULKATI Radeon 9000 Atlantis Model # 1024-1197-00-SA (Video-Out NTSCL) Features:
    Graphics Controller: RADEON 9000 graphics processing unit (GPU) Memory Configuration
    64MB DDR, 128-bit memory, max memory Interface: 9.6GB/s with 200MHZ DDR.
    Ports:15-pin VGA connector, S-Video Out connector
    Bus Interface: AGP2X/4X
    Video-Out Powered by ATI Manufactured by Sapphire
    Graphics Performance: includes TRUFORM, HYPER Z II, SMOOTHVISION technology and supports 32-bit 3D gaming up to 2048x1536 Please note there is a jumper to switch from NTSC to PAL onboard
    Supported OS: Windows 98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000, XP more info>

N82E16814102234 
    $65.00

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    I agree with QuietSilence! , we're all suckered in by the 'bigger and better' advertising crap, lets face it, its only the boffs with their test- beds that see any bloody difference, we've just got good imaginations. .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast