Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Congrats NL!!!

Didnt know the Swedes where at that level...thought they played better though.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    welll done Dutch people

but Swedish peeps......... I know exactly how you felt not nice
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

3. Lounge   -   #13
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thisiswhoweare)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Besides i doubt its as controvversial as having a swiss ref referee england who beat swiss who was no-where near the goal, who didnt consult his linesman, and what looked and is still a fine goal.[/b]

well saw it severall times, still don&#39;t see why you keep complaining. They clearly attacked the goalie in his own territory Just put off your pink glasses and watch it clear...

<!--QuoteBegin-thisiswhoweare

i feel pity for the dutch coach with the complaints against him.[/quote]
    you can have him for free

btw, not a Man U fan i think, right... If Ruud didn&#39;t play in Man U, but somewhere else i&#39;m sure you would acknowledge he&#39;s a great striker

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by jetje+28 June 2004 - 10:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 28 June 2004 - 10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@
    Besides i doubt its as controvversial as having a swiss ref referee england who beat swiss who was no-where near the goal, who didnt consult his linesman, and what looked and is still a fine goal.
    well saw it severall times, still don&#39;t see why you keep complaining. They clearly attacked the goalie in his own territory Just put off your pink glasses and watch it clear...

<!--QuoteBegin-thisiswhoweare

i feel pity for the dutch coach with the complaints against him.
    you can have him for free

btw, not a Man U fan i think, right... If Ruud didn&#39;t play in Man U, but somewhere else i&#39;m sure you would acknowledge he&#39;s a great striker [/b][/quote]
    if my brother&#39;s right then according to him, other refs have seen it at all angles and said it was a fair goal. Whose wrong now

if you watch john terry hes not watching the goalie, hes always looking at the ball.

Man U fan? NO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I don&#39;t support my hometown team (they suck lol) or any other but i favour Arsenal over the other teams. And no Rudd would still suck if he was on another team.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Apparently Mr Meyer blew the whistle long before Campbell made contact with the ball for a foul he commited on a Portugese defender on his approach run to the header. Nothing to do with John Terry.

IMO England&#39;s blatent defensive tactics and some foolish substitutions and tactical switches by Sven cost England the game, not Urs Meyer. When Rooney was injured why was Vassell brought on yet the tactics were kept the same? Vassell isn&#39;t a link man ffs&#33; Scholes is the only other player in the England squad who could have played in the slot vacated by Rooney - though admittedly only half as well but then Dyer could have been brought on to play down the left.

If not the Scholes option England should have brought on Heskey, although he is shite, he may have won a few headers for Owen to run onto since the English tactics amounted to defending and long balls.

Also Gerrard on the left wing? Scholes brought off after 52 mins? continual long balls to munchkins Owen and Vassell? Beckham within 1 mile of the pitch? Owen Hargreaves and Phil Neville brought on when Joey Cole and Dyer were kicking their heels on the bench? ugh

Big Phil Scolari deserves to lead Portugal to the title now, to take off Figo for Postiga shows how big his balls are - all the while Becks was playing football like he was in the garden with his boys and Sven didn&#39;t have the guts to haul him off. Fortune favoured the brave&#33;

WRT to Ruud - I reckon he is the best goal poacher/finisher on the planet. bar none.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    oh and well done Holland, I was too drunk to remember any of the match and didn&#39;t tape it but the penalties were great. it&#39;s good to see your team have some luck in that way at last.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Oooops

8. Lounge   -   #18
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    That&#39;s not ooops, that&#39;s a terrific goal and of course a defensive mistake made this one possible (sleeping at cornerkick).
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12