Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Called Sharing!

I Wish I Had Cable
    Well guys im a lowely Dial-uperer. I D/Load bout 4 gig a month (isp hates me ) & share approx 6 gig & generally do well getting wot i want, we all know it depends on wot u are chasing & how rare, personally i love people gettin stuff off me, it's like showin someone something that really wows em out Anyway Share on & let me get that file ok ? B)

[/QUOTE] You Can't Trust Human's !!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by Yomanda_66@23 March 2003 - 09:16
    Are there any other programs I can use to optimise the connection? I tried Dr.TPIP and it seemed to recognise Dial-Up but not the Broadband Modem is there a program that can configure my Broadband Modem to get the most from Kazaa? It is not cable. I,m not sure if that is the reason why some of the web pages have areas that say page cannot be displayed sometimes?
    What do you think?
    Here are some for you check out Yomanda.. TGD already mentioned dslreports.com in an earlier post. heres another and heres another good site for tests,tweaks, and alot of other useful information about your computer.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    imported_computerfreak76
    i cant see why people would want to use this privacy patch because from what ive seen and heard its just cutting into the actual downloads out there, for example if you search a users files and find nothing when he really does then there is some downloads and uploads canceled.
    this privacy patch is for people that are way too paranoid.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    I share, but I'm so sorry, I don't share movies or software via kazaalite. There are two reasons for this.

1. I'm paranoid and ppl seem to be getting into trouble due to movies.
    2. For some reason no matter what, my maximum bandwidth on k++ is never used, I just pity any poor sucker that has broadband as I do and is stuck downloading 700 megs at only 5 kBs. I don't have this problem with other programs, I upload at the max allowed by my ISP, rot those sorry sobs for depriving me awesome upload speeds.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    try CableNut at cablenut.com
    then install the AddOn Update (very small file)

this has the very best registry settings based on your connection (Cable, DSL, or Dial Up) and your download and upload caps. you just select your connection and cap file in the AddOn folder and it automatically changes like over 30 reg entries. also, a very friendly and helpful forum CableNut Forum

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Thanks Ice and Metal The Cablenut Prg seemed to give me a nice increase in speed and also the Jumping Supernode gave more results.
    Thanks

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    i LOVE that program

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by SideSwiped@25 March 2003 - 23:13
    I share, but I'm so sorry, I don't share movies or software via kazaalite. There are two reasons for this.

1. I'm paranoid and ppl seem to be getting into trouble due to movies.
    2. For some reason no matter what, my maximum bandwidth on k++ is never used, I just pity any poor sucker that has broadband as I do and is stuck downloading 700 megs at only 5 kBs. I don't have this problem with other programs, I upload at the max allowed by my ISP, rot those sorry sobs for depriving me awesome upload speeds.
    Hopefully you share something though -- even if you lower uploads to 1 and max upload bandwidth to 24 kilobits (3 KB/sec).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12