Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Wmd Found In Iraq

lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by ||0.@23 July 2004 - 07:27
    Wow, theres not many Boards I go to that still bitches on about the "Liberal Media"
    Guess you don't get out much, huh?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by ||0.@23 July 2004 - 01:27
    Wow, theres not many Boards I go to that still bitches on about the "Liberal Media"
    Has the rest of the world made it's peace with the "liberal media"?

I haven't.

Should I?

Of course, I'd also like to know why, that is, if it's not too much trouble.

EDIT: Hey, lynx. B)

I guess I'm passe, huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    LOl the concept is so ridiculous. They talk of it as if its an organised thing.
    All the conservatives instead challenge liberal to proove that Fox lies.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Originally posted by ||0.@25 July 2004 - 00:37
    I think, basically, that anyone complaining about FOXNEWS harbors an incredible amount of paranoia.

It is quite literally the case that the rest of television media is liberal, yet you are outraged (worried?) that little old FOXNEWS might be "Conservative"?

The networks (liberal) still attract something like 70% of T.V. news viewership; I've heard anyware from 2% to 5% of newshounds tune in to FOXNEWS to get their "dose".

Sounds like an underwhelming minority to me; exactly WTF is it about FOXNEWS that has you so worried?

I've said it before:

FOXNEWS, despite all it's shortcomings, is the ONLY place in the whole, wide, world of T.V. news that regularly presents a Conservative view to counter the Liberal view, which they also present.

It is neither the fault of FOXNEWS nor any Conservative pundit that the Liberal viewpoint suffers by comparison.

Perhaps you might use the favored Liberal tactic of judicial activism to get Conservatism and Conservatives outlawed, and have us "aborted" or something.

Worried about FOXNEWS?

HAH!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Originally posted by ||0.@25 July 2004 - 00:37
    BTW-

A Liberal media requires nothing at all by way of "organisation"; a short stint in "J" school is all that is needed.

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I'm not at all "worried" about FoxNews, I'm just irritated that it eats up a channel on my cable selection ( I would much prefer the All Olsen Twins All the Time Channel) and it's claim of "Fair and Balanced".

The only thing "fair" about FoxNews is the skin color of it's staff and the only "balance" evident is Bill O'Reilly manging to keep from toppling over due to his hyperinflated ego.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Originally posted by clocker@25 July 2004 - 08:01
    I'm not at all "worried" about FoxNews, I'm just irritated that it eats up a channel on my cable selection ( I would much prefer the All Olsen Twins All the Time Channel) and it's claim of "Fair and Balanced".

The only thing "fair" about FoxNews is the skin color of it's staff and the only "balance" evident is Bill O'Reilly manging to keep from toppling over due to his hyperinflated ego.
    Good Morning!

How are things in your neck of the woods?

FOXNEWS is filled lately with all sorts of unbalanced reportage from Colorado; how much of it is true?

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Hi, j2.

It's been wet and cool of late...I kinda like it.

I haven't really been keeping up with current events...are you talking about the Kobe Bryant ruling or the consistently absurd Marilyn Musgrave?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by clocker@25 July 2004 - 08:37
    Hi, j2.

It's been wet and cool of late...I kinda like it.

I haven't really been keeping up with current events...are you talking about the Kobe Bryant ruling or the consistently absurd Marilyn Musgrave?
    Any and all; it runs the gamut.

'Course, I'm watching on FOXNEWS, too; they don't miss a thing.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Define "miss".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast