Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shrek 2 Dvdrip By Brutus

Thank you Andrew Barker!

This information is very helpful, but being a rookie I'm not quite sure what verified hashes means and how to apply it. I'm learning a little more each and every time.

I clicked on File:Shrek.2.WS.DVDRip.XviD-BRUTUS.avi in Sigdat and it did pop up on my Kazaa screen, with no one linked. It keeps searching for the file, but nothing. Should that be happening or am I just on a bad node? Will it just keep searching until the file is found, as I suspect it will? Is there any way to find a fast connection with the millions of Kazaa users?

Any more help would be awesome. Thank you again for the help.

JIM

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    you've done everything correctly, when I used to use Kazaa, I used to restart Kazaa after clicking on the download link, it seemed to help to start finding sources

You will find plenty of tips in the Kazaa Lite section

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Hey, I cant understand when I keep downloading Shreck 2 and come to play it windows media player will run it with no video!! :confused:

Its like 20hrs long aswell and plays like a song, not an mpeg or Avi.

Can someone please explain where I am going wrong, I have tried all the Brutus and Centopy rips but they turn out the same, I am using the sig2dat links on Fastrackmovies. :helpsmile:

Is it something simple like I am??

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by The Nightingale@3 August 2004 - 05:01
    Hey, I cant understand when I keep downloading Shreck 2 and come to play it windows media player will run it with no video!! :confused:

Its like 20hrs long aswell and plays like a song, not an mpeg or Avi.

Can someone please explain where I am going wrong, I have tried all the Brutus and Centopy rips but they turn out the same, I am using the sig2dat links on Fastrackmovies. :helpsmile:

Is it something simple like I am??
    You probably have a codec issue. The simpliest solution is to DL a copy of VideoLAN and use that as your player, since you did not give enough information to pinpoint a solution.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Hey Darth Sushi & Andrew Barker,

Just got back from vacation. I was finally able to download ShrekII, per your instructions in this thread, but had the same problems NIGHTINGALE had regarding playback. Barely audible sound and no video, but the file does upload to all media players, just NO video or sound.

I used Videolan and other codec applications to fix it, but can't seem to get it fixed. Can anyone assist? Follow this thread and you'll know where I was able to get the original file. Thank you for all your help.

JimmyK

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Retired
    Originally posted by JimmyK@16 August 2004 - 22:16
    Hey Darth Sushi & Andrew Barker,

Just got back from vacation. I was finally able to download ShrekII, per your instructions in this thread, but had the same problems NIGHTINGALE had regarding playback. Barely audible sound and no video, but the file does upload to all media players, just NO video or sound.

I used Videolan and other codec applications to fix it, but can't seem to get it fixed. Can anyone assist? Follow this thread and you'll know where I was able to get the original file. Thank you for all your help.

JimmyK
    do you have Gspot installed? if so open it and load the file.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Poster
    same problem for me - Gspot says it is not an avi file and even when opening with winfix110 and trying to rebuild the index I get a non avi file message.
    other movies play so I should have the codecs, at least I guess....

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Poster
    Hmm.... Go get this http://miketeo.net/projects/avicheck/ then tell us the things below for the movie.

Video:
    B-VOP: No orYes
    S(GMC)-VOP: No or Yes
    QuarterPixel: Yes or No

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    HEY {I}{K}{E}.....I do have GSpot and tried running the file from that application. It recognizes the audio path in the file ((S) --> MPEG-I Stream Splitter --> MPEG Layer-3 Decoder --> &reg, but does not 'render' a video . The AUDIO Decoder read as follows:

DSH Friendly Name MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
    DSH Driver or Wrapper C:\WINNT\system32\l3codecx.ax
    DSH DirectShow CLSID {38BE3000-DBF4-11D0-860E-00A024CFEF6D}
    DSH Format Tag 0x0055
    FIL File Description MPEG Layer-3 Audio Decoder
    FIL Company Name Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS
    FIL File Version 1, 5, 0, 50
    FIL Internal Name L3CODECX.AX
    FIL Legal Copyright Copyright © 1997 Fraunhofer IIS
    FIL Original Filename L3CODECX.AX
    FIL Product Name MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for Microsoft DirectShow
    FIL Product Version 1, 5, 0, 50
    GRF Name MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
    GRF Driver C:\WINNT\system32\l3codecx.ax
    GRF DirectShow CLSID {38BE3000-DBF4-11D0-860E-00A024CFEF6D}
    GRF Input Pin pin 0 name XForm In
    GRF Input Pin 0 Media Type (major) MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    GRF Input Pin 0 Media Type (subtype) WAVE_FORMAT_MPEGLAYER3 (MP3) (0x0055)
    GRF Output Pin pin 0 name XForm Out
    GRF Output Pin 0 Media Type (major) MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    GRF Output Pin 0 Media Type (subtype) MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM {00000001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    REG Additional Media Type 01 WAVE_FORMAT_MPEGLAYER3 (MP3) (0x0055)

The video path in GSpot rendered nothing. This is the error message I also get in GSpot:

"This is, or appears to be, an unsupported filetype. GSpot provides full support for AVI and OGG media streams. Based on its composition, GSpot believes the filetype to be "Non-AVI File - Type Unknown.""

HEY CWCTV & MAM...........I tried running the AVICheck and AVIFile links, but there are no .exe files in the zip files to install the program. I do have AVIEdit, but that can not open the Shrek file at all....says it is not a AVI file. I suppose the AVIcheck files you talked about may provide some insight to the problem, but the zip files provide a lot of files, but not much direction.

I don't want to give up just yet on this 700+k Shrek file, but this rookie is close to throwing in the towel. Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated....thx to all you folks that have helped me out thus far. I've learned a lot.

JIMMYK

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Retired
    is your file the same as the 1 that is posted in the verified section?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast