Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Protector V1.0

Poster
    Re-Member that ist a BETA, it will get released in two versions

STAND-ALONE and PATCH

BUT there will be one more little thing to add to make it Cleaner.

2. File Sharing   -   #112
    Originally posted by winXPHE@7 April 2003 - 20:36
    secfan u alive or have u been hit by lightning or smetin?
    haven't heard fm u in ages!! B)
    HELLO THE MASM32 VERSION IS OUT! haven't u got nething to say??
    BTW Einstein, seems the STI menu bug is still haunting us!
    Sorry, but I've been talking to Einstein through MSN as well. I was also waiting for you and Phoenix to finish this "debate" The main bugs are really the STI menu bug, and the patch/standalone/multiple window/start with kazaa issues. I think this program should just be for K++ Kazaa Lite versions only (encourages ppl to get it), it should only be a patch (it will avoid a lot of the "end task" flaws, unless Einstein can prevent the flaws in the standalone version), have options to start/don't start kzlock if kazaa is opened and vice versa (start/don't start kazaa if kzlock is opened etc.), and auto-lock will just work the way it is, if activated then kzlock will be lock at startup, else don't lock at startup, but another new option maybe to have an "extra stealth" feature, where kazaa's window will be closed and system tray icon hidden, and having the kzlock system tray icon also hidden when locked (as if kazaa was locked but it was closed and left kazaa locked etc.), unlike the current stealth function which only hides kazaa's system tray icon when locked, but not the kzlock system tray icon. And also fix the multiple window/dialog issues, and that's about it. After that then maybe Einstein could create 2 versions, 1 which is all simple and has no/little graphical stuff etc. ("lite"/"basic" version etc.), and the other will have all the graphical stuff ("enhanced"/"full" version etc.)!!! B)

3. File Sharing   -   #113
    YAHOOOOOOOO

By the way HERE YA GO!

KAZAA RESTART 0.0001
    Download Kazaa Restart

Double Click to Restart Kazaa
    Double RIGHT Click to Close Kazaa Restart 

4. File Sharing   -   #114
    Originally posted by Pho3niX@8 April 2003 - 12:23
    YAHOOOOOOOO

By the way HERE YA GO!

KAZAA RESTART 0.0001
    Download Kazaa Restart

Double Click to Restart Kazaa
    Double RIGHT Click to Close Kazaa Restart
    Hmmm I don't see the point of this program as KzLock already has a "Restart Kazaa" function...

5. File Sharing   -   #115
    Plus a major problem I've had (largely to do with the STI bug): If you right click on the KzLock systray icon and the menu popsup and then click somewhere else (not on the menu), the menu will stay and if you then try and open other windows it will mess up (sometimes if you click on taskbar items they just push down but don't actually pop up and may freeze and other issues like that, Show Desktop may not actually show the desktop until one of the windows are "unfrozen", and KL may also freeze etc.) This has been happening in other occasions where the menu is still open and you click somewhere else, so I think it's really a bug in Windows XP. But this can still be fixed/avoided by fixing the STI menu bug.

P.S. I think the menu that popsup when you right click the KzLock systray icon while locked is also screwed. Sometimes the items move out of place and sometimes you can't click on them, and may freeze/not respond at times, but sometimes it acts normal. AND also once I had locked it, and it asked me for a password even though I had not put one in??? But after trying to unlock/shutdown a few times, the menu froze for a few seconds while selected on the Shutdown menu item when I tried to click it, and then it shutdown properly??? But now when I try to change the password, it asks for the old password which I don't know what it is??? And also for the standalone version, multiple copies of windows such as about box and kzlock program must not be allowed.

6. File Sharing   -   #116
    it should only be a patch (it will avoid a lot of the "end task" flaws, unless Einstein can prevent the flaws in the standalone version)
    i totally agree!
    have options to start/don't start kzlock if kazaa is opened and vice versa (start/don't start kazaa if kzlock is opened etc.)
    huh? >_<
    new option maybe to have an "extra stealth" feature, where kazaa&#39;s window will be closed and system tray icon hidden, and having the kzlock system tray icon also hidden when locked (as if kazaa was locked but it was closed and left kazaa locked etc.)
    how will u get it to unlock, specially wen u dont want to be running multiple instances? i&#39;d prefer using the shut down Protector n leave Kazaa Locked function.it would be cool if there was a &#39;Shutdown Protector n leave Kazaa Locked&#39;(make it shorter) function in the STI right-click menu
    1 which is all simple and has no/little graphical stuff etc. ("lite"/"basic" version etc.), and the other will have all the graphical stuff ("enhanced"/"full" version etc.)&#33;&#33;&#33;
    u mean like the delphi n Masm32 versions?lite is likely to be included in the installer(if 2 versions r ever made)
    Einstein, i tink u should tell aldo or sme programmer bout the STI menu bug n they&#39;ll help u out. B)

7. File Sharing   -   #117
    Originally posted by winXPHE@8 April 2003 - 15:31
    have options to start/don&#39;t start kzlock if kazaa is opened and vice versa (start/don&#39;t start kazaa if kzlock is opened etc.)
    huh? >_<
    OK, say if you start KzLock, there should be options on whether Kazaa should be "auto-started" when KzLock is run. (And also vice versa, if Kazaa is started should KzLock be started with it as well or not etc.)

8. File Sharing   -   #118
    Originally posted by secfan+8 April 2003 - 15:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (secfan @ 8 April 2003 - 15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--winXPHE@8 April 2003 - 15:31
    have options to start/don&#39;t start kzlock if kazaa is opened and vice versa (start/don&#39;t start kazaa if kzlock is opened etc.)
    huh? >_<
    OK, say if you start KzLock, there should be options on whether Kazaa should be "auto-started" when KzLock is run. (And also vice versa, if Kazaa is started should KzLock be started with it as well or not etc.) [/b][/quote]
    oooooh&#33; now i get it B)

9. File Sharing   -   #119
    Einstein, im awaiting ta nxt release. i cant test the current release as it automatically goes to the lock state wenever i execute it n asks for a password even though i never entered 1(n yes i did delete the reg key u told me too but it still doesnt work ta way it should). i seriously dont tink the password should b stored in the registry as ppl can easily tamper wit it. i tink it should be encrypted in a file in the Kazaa Lite directory. even better here listen to wat rocko has got to say
    Storing them encrypted is NOT a good idea. What you should do is store the HASH of the password. Hashes are one-way functions, meaning it&#39;s extremely difficult to find the input when you have only the output.
    Your encrypted password will be very easy to decrypt. All one needs to do is disassemble your program to find the key and algorithm.
    just 4 a lil bit tightened security neways hope ta new release has got most of the suggestions/bug fixes tat secfan posted r implemented n everytin in ta delphi version is also included

10. File Sharing   -   #120
    Originally posted by winXPHE@9 April 2003 - 12:14
    Einstein, im awaiting ta nxt release. i cant test the current release as it automatically goes to the lock state wenever i execute it n asks for a password even though i never entered 1(n yes i did delete the reg key u told me too but it still doesnt work ta way it should). i seriously dont tink the password should b stored in the registry as ppl can easily tamper wit it. i tink it should be encrypted in a file in the Kazaa Lite directory. even better here listen to wat rocko has got to say
    Storing them encrypted is NOT a good idea. What you should do is store the HASH of the password. Hashes are one-way functions, meaning it&#39;s extremely difficult to find the input when you have only the output.
    Your encrypted password will be very easy to decrypt. All one needs to do is disassemble your program to find the key and algorithm.
    just 4 a lil bit tightened security neways hope ta new release has got most of the suggestions/bug fixes tat secfan posted r implemented n everytin in ta delphi version is also included
    Yes, I&#39;m having the same problem too sometimes (read my posts above). If I lock it, it asks me for a password I never entered/configured/stored etc. I can end KzLock using the Windows Task Manager, and I&#39;m able to reopen KzLock, but I can&#39;t change the password as I don&#39;t know it because I never entered/configured/stored it etc.??? So Einstein please fix this major bug.

BTW, what registry key is to be deleted so that there is no password???

And yes, storing the password as a hash would be a very good choice. WinXPHE&#39;s and Rocko&#39;s ideas are great and I agree with them, and I think they should be implemented into KzLock, so what do you think Einstein???