Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Protector V1.0

hey einstein, i mean hybridgraf. the link for the alpha release is a broken 1. well not broken actually, the installer seems corrupt. i tried downloading it without download accelerators n wit DAP. both turned out to be corrupt. is it just me or ya'll having the same problem? im on 56k
    neways keep em coming einstein
    But also hiding the folder would be a good idea (especially if the settings are changed so that hidden folders are not viewed... some people have limited access to those settings but other people that know how to change it can still easily change it
    yea thats wat im sayin, u could smehow change the folder options to 'do not show hidden files' automatically while installing

2. File Sharing   -   #52
    Originally posted by winXPHE@28 March 2003 - 12:29
    hey einstein, i mean hybridgraf. the link for the alpha release is a broken 1. well not broken actually, the installer seems corrupt. i tried downloading it without download accelerators n wit DAP. both turned out to be corrupt. is it just me or ya'll having the same problem? im on 56k
    neways keep em coming einstein
    But also hiding the folder would be a good idea (especially if the settings are changed so that hidden folders are not viewed... some people have limited access to those settings but other people that know how to change it can still easily change it
    yea thats wat im sayin, u could smehow change the folder options to 'do not show hidden files' automatically while installing
    Yes, maybe he can implement that into KzLock. (Plus M$ can protect a folder from being accessed by another account.)

Plus the link works (well at least for me...). However the problem is when it's installed when I run KL, only KzLock/kpp.exe is being run, not KL...

3. File Sharing   -   #53
    Poster
    Try it gain! i reuploaded the original.

4. File Sharing   -   #54
    Poster
    This version will (shud) work with all versions of K++.

KzLock 1.1 BETA for all K++ versions past, present and future

Try It!

5. File Sharing   -   #55
    does that last one include the security option of v2 alpha ... or is just and upgrade to v1 that support diferent install mode ? (i'll download n see )

thanks for putting so much time into it and remember the more secure isnt neceserly the best if it hug up all the ressource, also if you protect my shared folder, first let us set the path to it (or autodetec from reg) and remember this should NOT stop us from sharing (eg putting all the files into one big file isnt a great idea)

6. File Sharing   -   #56
    well I little program called WinGuard Pro can protect folders. It is done by get the name for the title bar this can only work when searching using explorer but this can be easily got around just by changing the name of the folder. But it could help you!!

7. File Sharing   -   #57
    i wish i could test it but it keeps crashing my kazaa

everytime i open kazaa, kzlock starts with it and crashes it...

WinXP pro

8. File Sharing   -   #58
    Poster
    It seems to have that effect on some versions of Kazaa,
    since it "Infects" the KPP.exe it is all done on the fly.

I must work out the bugs.

HEAR YE HEAR YE
    ALL VERSIONS THAT FAIL TO RUN LIKE enlightend PLEASE UNINSTALL AND EMAIL ME THE KPP.EXE.
    COMPRESS THE FILE IF POSIBLE (RAR, ZIP, ARC. TZ)

TO UNINSTALL SIMPLY RUN THE SETUP AGAIN AND HIT UNINSTALL.
    THIS IS THE ONLY WAY.

WHE CAN BEET THIS BUG ONE AND FOR ALL!!! ARE YOU WITH ME!
    NOW GOOO EMAIL MEE!!!!

[email protected]

9. File Sharing   -   #59
    Patch kpp.exe what a great idea !! I almost said yesterday that the best security we could have was Random Nut to integrate that into kpp... you kinda make it

... B4 aplying this patch make sure you unregister the KzlockAddOn.dll or program migth be launched twice ... one with kpp and one with the dll ... this may be the y of the chrash on startup

also be sure to close kazaa b4 aplying patch and backup your current kpp.exe

if you do all that you'll have no problem (with current non-beta k++)

man this is going really cool

two thing should be fixed ...
    1) you dont add anymore kzlock in tools
    2) you dont have the possibility to dissable launch on startup option

those "bug" migth be by desing but it still better to let us choose to load it or not

A primitive protection would be to keep minimized/hidden/close all window with the same title that the kazaa folder

10. File Sharing   -   #60
    Poster
    WHY THANK YOU!

Kindly yours.
    Random Nut.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast