Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bittorent

Originally posted by seiya_33@8 July 2004 - 18:33
    zero download speed , your BT client is telling you not to download crap of the internet , bad boys 2 game .
    i download any game or prog u dont have to tell me what to do,who knows u must be downloading gay pics and vids from bt :eek:

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@7 July 2004 - 14:27
    per bittornado.com:

To everyone turning super-seed on by default:
    PLEASE DON'T.
    When lots of people on a torrent use super-seed,
    it greatly reduces the torrent's efficiency.
    The only people who should be using super-seed
    are those doing initial seeding or re-seeding.

At this point it appears you are in the stages of downloading or should we say leeching...so along with the above perhaps you should change settings as well.
    i didnt knew this,many of my friends told me the more u upload ur download speed will increase so i turned super-seeder

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by vegeta+9 July 2004 - 04:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegeta @ 9 July 2004 - 04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@7 July 2004 - 19:23
    if you understood how it worked you wouldn&#39;t think so, see that big yellow light
    forward your ports dumbass&nbsp;
    fucking noobs
    u fucking asshole everyone&#39;s noob in the starting u would be too but u assholes make a new id and ask these question and ones like us ask it with our existing profile

remember 1 thing u dont learn everything from ur mothers womb [/b][/quote]
    you = idiot
    make sense when you post

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by vegeta+9 July 2004 - 04:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegeta &#064; 9 July 2004 - 04:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-CornerPocket@7 July 2004 - 14:27
    per bittornado.com:

PLEASE DON&#39;T.
    it greatly reduces the torrent&#39;s efficiency.

At this point it appears you are in the stages of downloading or should we say leeching...so along with the above perhaps you should change settings as well.
    i didnt knew this,many of my friends told me the more u upload ur download speed will increase so i turned super-seeder[/b][/quote]
    Undo the superseed and experiment with the settings until you find a setting that works for you. If using a router make sure your ports are forwarded correctly portforward.com. Running xp firewall, turn it off, use another firewall program. Already using another firewall, perhaps check into configuring to allow ports for BT use. In the end you will find what works and be able to enjoy the BT life
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Originally posted by CornerPocket+9 July 2004 - 14:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CornerPocket @ 9 July 2004 - 14:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vegeta@9 July 2004 - 04:20
    <!--QuoteBegin-CornerPocket
    @7 July 2004 - 14:27
    per bittornado.com:

PLEASE DON&#39;T.
    it greatly reduces the torrent&#39;s efficiency.

i didnt knew this,many of my friends told me the more u upload ur download speed will increase so i turned super-seeder
    Undo the superseed and experiment with the settings until you find a setting that works for you. If using a router make sure your ports are forwarded correctly portforward.com. Running xp firewall, turn it off, use another firewall program. Already using another firewall, perhaps check into configuring to allow ports for BT use. In the end you will find what works and be able to enjoy the BT life [/b][/quote]
    thx i hope it helps

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Originally posted by muchspl2+9 July 2004 - 14:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 &#064; 9 July 2004 - 14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vegeta@9 July 2004 - 04:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2
    @7 July 2004 - 19:23
    if you understood how it worked you wouldn&#39;t think so, see that big yellow light
    forward your ports dumbass
    fucking noobs

u fucking asshole everyone&#39;s noob in the starting u would be too but u assholes make a new id and ask these question and ones like us ask it with our existing profile

remember 1 thing u dont learn everything from ur mothers womb
    you = idiot
    make sense when you post [/b][/quote]
    YOU = MONKEY

CUTEMONKEY

oh&#33; i see ur photo

truth is bitter than anything

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Originally posted by vegeta+9 July 2004 - 00:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegeta @ 9 July 2004 - 00:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@7 July 2004 - 19:23
    forward your ports dumbass&nbsp;
    fucking noobs

remember 1 thing u dont learn everything from ur mothers womb [/b][/quote]
    Please dont bash on it until after you know how to work it and get chit set up.

In my expirience, this is the best file sharing tool. My highest speed was just over 450 kB/s, maxing out my connection.

With a good torrent that has many seeds and a high seeder-to-peer ratio, I will get atleast 200 kB/s almost every time. It depends on the seeder&#39;s speed, your connection speed, and how many others are on.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    i download any game or prog u dont have to tell me what to do,who knows u must be downloading gay pics and vids from bt
    man it was just a fucking joke , and whats up with you , what if i were downloading gay stuf , is that bad , does it make me a bad perosn , am i going to hell for that , i pitty the fool.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by vegeta+9 July 2004 - 04:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegeta &#064; 9 July 2004 - 04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@7 July 2004 - 22:37
    BitTorrent with that yellow light, horrible upload speeds, and nonexistant download speeds is telling you that your computer is broken.
    its not my pc cuz i am not abusing kazaa,emule,winmx,and other p2p progs i am using cuz they r working fine with the speed of 12-15kb[/b][/quote]
    BitTorrent is &#39;saying&#39; with that yellow light that SOMETHING is FIREWALLING your connection.

That something is either a problem on your computer, a bad/misconfigured software firewall app, a router, Win XP&#39;s hopeless built-in firewall, possibly a crazy ADSL/Cablemodem that has a firewall/router built into it, or worse still your ISP is screwing over BitTorrent&#39;s performance.

NONE of these causes are a fault of the BitTorrent program itself, they are all a part of your computer/connection setup.

In short, something&#39;s "broken" and it&#39;s not BitTorrent.

Maybe you never noticed this problem with other p2p programs, but the problem is THERE and it causes significant problems with BitTorrent.

Many online games for instance cannot work with firewalled/behind a router connections at all. Generally, you cannot host online games if your connection is firewalled.

BitTorrent isn&#39;t much different -- if you&#39;re firewalled, it&#39;ll LOOK like it sucks because you can only download and upload to nonfirewalled people... and due to user ignorance, they are probably the minority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Originally posted by muchspl2@7 July 2004 - 18:23
    forward your ports dumbass
    fucking noobs
    yeah, I agree with you. Don&#39;t use it if your just gonna complain, and not read the manual

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast