Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Overall Optimizer

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by LilAznAccommodator@18 July 2004 - 18:37
    Yup of course... But yeah it like just REALLY decreases it's speed, I click, Update Definitions and it takes like 5 minutes for it to say no Update Needed.
    Time for a new then, try spybot or adaware, both of them are freeware.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Originally posted by peat moss+19 July 2004 - 03:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peat moss @ 19 July 2004 - 03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LilAznAccommodator@18 July 2004 - 18:37
    Yup of course... But yeah it like just REALLY decreases it&#39;s speed, I click, Update Definitions and it takes like 5 minutes for it to say no Update Needed.
    Time for a new then, try spybot or adaware, both of them are freeware. [/b][/quote]
    Yeha I know... But I sort of realyl picky with my things and havign two programs, bleh, I know you will criticisze me on that but yeah I am searching for a program that takes both of those programs and combines it into one.... Sorries
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by manker+14 July 2004 - 10:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 14 July 2004 - 10:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peat moss@14 July 2004 - 04:03
    Ya dustbuster seems to remove things ,like what I don&#39;t know ? Whats with our search feature , I was trying to find thread by zapjb&nbsp;
    While reading this thread I realised I hadn&#39;t used dustbuster for about a month - I have used crap cleaner and some other cleansing soft - it just removed 787MB from my HD

I think that&#39;s a record [/b][/quote]
    It cleaned 1.3 GB on my friend&#39;s comp, though it was full of garbage for like a year
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by supersonic+19 July 2004 - 07:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (supersonic @ 19 July 2004 - 07:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by manker@14 July 2004 - 10:24
    <!--QuoteBegin-peat moss
    @14 July 2004 - 04:03
    Ya dustbuster seems to remove things ,like what I don&#39;t know ? Whats with our search feature , I was trying to find thread by zapjb&nbsp;

While reading this thread I realised I hadn&#39;t used dustbuster for about a month - I have used crap cleaner and some other cleansing soft - it just removed 787MB from my HD

I think that&#39;s a record
    It cleaned 1.3 GB on my friend&#39;s comp, though it was full of garbage for like a year [/b][/quote]
    not a record but 317MB and i keep my pc clean&#33;
    Just curious as to what it has removed? Is there a list of files it looks for?
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy+19 July 2004 - 10:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hungrylilboy @ 19 July 2004 - 10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by supersonic@19 July 2004 - 07:04
    Originally posted by manker@14 July 2004 - 10:24
    <!--QuoteBegin-peat moss
    @14 July 2004 - 04:03
    Ya dustbuster seems to remove things ,like what I don&#39;t know ? Whats with our search feature , I was trying to find thread by zapjb

I think that&#39;s a record

It cleaned 1.3 GB on my friend&#39;s comp, though it was full of garbage for like a year
    not a record but 317MB and i keep my pc clean&#33;
    Just curious as to what it has removed? Is there a list of files it looks for? [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think anyone knows what it deletes, we talked about it here before. It just does it&#39;s job without any obvious adverse effects and leaves your HD a lot lighter. The fact that it is so mysterious means some people don&#39;t like it but it&#39;s definitely the app that gets rid of the most crap.

btw I&#39;m upset that my record has been broken. I&#39;ll try to find a PC that will help me topple the 1.3 gig mark and take a screen shot
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    After a clean, use the registery cleaner to know when files became non-existent.
    According to my "experiments", it cleans 3 DLLs from windows, cleans Prefetch, cleans specific files from IE cache that are not needed and I dunno
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    After a long tiem I am down to only using the following programs:

SpySweeper

+

TweakNow PowerPack 2005

Anyone happen to know something similar to TweakNow but works better?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    @LilAznAccommodator What about DustBuster XP?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    For tweaking, the best proggy I found is NeoTweaker
    For cleaning, it is definitly Dust Buster

LilAznAccommodator is too scared to try Dust Buster

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Originally posted by zapjb@9 August 2004 - 23:38
    @LilAznAccommodator What about DustBuster XP?
    Honest to say, I didn&#39;t really like DustBuster...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast