Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Usa Is 7th In Fifa Rankings

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    football and hockey both have overtime periods after which the game is called a draw if no one scores. What about golf - that seems pretty big here and its probably the most unexciting sport in the world. Im sure people would rather watch a soccer game than golf or the billiards and bowling they play on ESPN. I hate how ESPN or one of the spanish chanells didn&#39;t buy EURO 2004 rights. Instead you had to pay 20 bucks a game and 20 bucks to even get into a bar that had the game playing. I MEAN COMON THEY HAD IT FREE IN FRIGGIN CANADA.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    With prices like that i&#39;m not suprised football (soccer) is having problems taking off stateside. &#036;20 a game is fricking insane evenmore so when the nations team is not in the tournement.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Like I said, when soccer was aired for free here it was no ratings blockbuster.

I am not anti-European when I say I don&#39;t like soccer.

I don&#39;t like golf (even though I think what Tiger did at the Master&#39;s is amazing)
    I will never sit and watch a day&#39;s worth of golf unless....there&#39;s nothing else on and I&#39;m on my way too sleep in the middle of the day.
    There&#39;s something soothing about golf on TV then.

I don&#39;t like hockey unless I&#39;m at the game. Being there is very exciting. It must be the speed. I don&#39;t get that feeling from TV.

I don&#39;t like baseball unless I&#39;m there and even then it can be a snoozer.
    Who wants to wait until the sixth inning for something meaningful to happen?
    Baseball is more of a social event.
    You can chat with the people you went with about whatever.
    The reason for that is because the game itself is not upbeat. There are way to many break periods for me.....between every strike, ball, or hit, to be exact.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by Busyman@15 July 2004 - 02:40
    I don&#39;t like golf (even though I think what Tiger did at the Master&#39;s is amazing)
    I will never sit and watch a day&#39;s worth of golf unless....there&#39;s nothing else on and I&#39;m on my way too sleep in the middle of the day.
    There&#39;s something soothing about golf on TV then.
    Blimey&#33; Let me introduce you to cricket...

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Hi guys, i&#39;ve not been on KL for a while.

i often wondered why The US haven&#39;t been more prominent in european football, or soccer as u call it. i surmised that there wasn&#39;t enough &#39;ballyhoo&#39; involved for the US public. distances between venues could be another problem, stadiums another. could it be because US kids are not brought up playing it like UK kids.
    it&#39;s probably a combination of all these.
    Man U fer eva

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by barbarossa+15 July 2004 - 11:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 15 July 2004 - 11:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@15 July 2004 - 02:40
    I don't like golf (even though I think what Tiger did at the Master's is amazing)
    I will never sit and watch a day's worth of golf unless....there's nothing else on and I'm on my way too sleep in the middle of the day.
    There's something soothing about golf on TV then.
    Blimey! Let me introduce you to cricket... [/b][/quote]
    Or show-jumping...
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:25 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Withcheese+15 July 2004 - 19:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 15 July 2004 - 19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by barbarossa@15 July 2004 - 11:39
    <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman
    @15 July 2004 - 02:40
    I don't like golf (even though I think what Tiger did at the Master's is amazing)
    I will never sit and watch a day's worth of golf unless....there's nothing else on and I'm on my way too sleep in the middle of the day.
    There's something soothing about golf on TV then.

Blimey! Let me introduce you to cricket...
    Or show-jumping... [/b][/quote]
    You had to lower the tone didn't you
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:25 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    I Must say that I think USA are not the 7th Best team in the world and I think that the FIFA rankings are a bit of a joke&#33;&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH@18 July 2004 - 17:53
    I Must say that I think USA are not the 7th Best team in the world and I think that the FIFA rankings are a bit of a joke&#33;&#33;
    I agree with u there Billy, i would imagine the US football/soccer team rank just above Tibet United
    Man U fer eva

10. Lounge   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by billyfridge+18 July 2004 - 18:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (billyfridge @ 18 July 2004 - 18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH@18 July 2004 - 17:53
    I agree with u there Billy, i would imagine the US football/soccer team rank just above Tibet United [/b][/quote]
    I think the 7th ranking flatters the U.S. team somewhat but they are a good side, they deserve a top twenty spot at least. Reaching the Quarter Finals of the 2002 World Cup cannot be a fluke.

What I meant in my original post is that it is a lot easier for the U.S. to pick up FIFA ranking points than a European team since most of their competitive games are against the like of Nicaragua or Trinidad and Tobago.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast