Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exe Icons Messed Up.

Poster
    yup, its every exe file on the computer and capability mode is off. I even tried some registry fixes, but they didn't help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_...Q_20862965.html

i think i found a way to restore all your windows standard icons, i hope this will help you out... to restore to all windows standard, use regedit...
    goto this key...
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Shell Icons(export/backup first this key if you are not sure)...
    if you use a program to customize your desktop..., something will be there, usually number 0,1,2,3....phew...ok, to restore all your standard icons, just delete all
    next is to rebuild the cache...i found this program iconphile...
    http://www.virtualplastic.net/scrow/download.html (<300kbytes)
    if you use that program, there is a "Rebuild icon cache" function there...use that to rebuild the cache instanly...and to change other icons, you can use that program too...
    I got the iphile from virtualplastic and it did all that you said it would - "success&#33;" I got the icons back and rebuilt the cache as per your instruction with regedit,- worked a treat&#33; Many thanks&#33;
    THEN MORE PROBLEMS SO :

I have reinstalled sp1a and now the ">>can&#39;t find entry point" messages appear to have stopped and things like system restore are now working again. Thank you&#33;
    solved/sorted&#33;
    Its about 3/4&#39;s of the way down the page.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    I tried it but it had no effect, Thanks anyway. I might try a repair installation...is it fairly safe concerning accidentily losing data?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Monkster@15 July 2004 - 23:22
    I tried it but it had no effect, Thanks anyway. I might try a repair installation...is it fairly safe concerning accidentily losing data?
    Hasn&#39;t happened to me yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12