Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Sean John Puff P. Diddy Daddy Combs

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@29 July 2004 - 19:49

Once upon a time, it would not have occurred to a potential voter to exercise such an important right in a less-than-rigorously-responsible manner.

These days the simple exercise of the right supercedes any felt need to exercise it conscientiously.

Believe it or not, people used to have a bit more personal discipline, and one wouldn't have had to worry quite so much about whether the person pulling the lever had the slightest inclination to make him/herself aware of the possible consequences of doing so.

You've ALL missed my point, which was contained very neatly in my last post.
    I think you overly romanticise the past and the presumed "responsibility" of the voters of old.

Today's campaign seems to me somewhat reminiscent of the 1968 race.
    Were we more responsible then?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    this thread has gotten rather serious. let's get back to riffing on the guy's name. THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS P DOODLE DANDY COMBS PIFF-PUFF-A-RONI... or whatever his name is.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+30 July 2004 - 21:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 30 July 2004 - 21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@29 July 2004 - 19:49

Once upon a time, it would not have occurred to a potential voter to exercise such an important right in a less-than-rigorously-responsible manner.

These days the simple exercise of the right supercedes any felt need to exercise it&nbsp; conscientiously.

Believe it or not, people used to have a bit more personal discipline, and one wouldn&#39;t have had to worry quite so much about whether the person pulling the lever had the slightest inclination to make him/herself aware of the possible consequences of doing so.

You&#39;ve ALL missed my point, which was contained very neatly in my last post.
    I think you overly romanticise the past and the presumed "responsibility" of the voters of old.

Today&#39;s campaign seems to me somewhat reminiscent of the 1968 race.
    Were we more responsible then? [/b][/quote]
    I was harking back a bit further than 1968.

Were I of voting age at that point in time, I might have been striding the college quad with a joint in one hand and a protest sign in the other, and my buddy Clocker alongside me.

At this point in my life, I might remember those days with a good measure of guilty fondness.

Things change, though.

It might be a good idea to take a time-out, as I&#39;ve a mind to gather some kindling and matches.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@31 July 2004 - 07:13

Were I of voting age at that point in time, I might have been striding the college quad with a joint in one hand and a protest sign in the other, and my buddy Clocker alongside me.

At this point in my life, I might remember those days with a good measure of guilty fondness.

Entirely possible, j2.

"Cept I never actually carried a sign.

And don&#39;t feel the guilt.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by clocker+31 July 2004 - 17:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 31 July 2004 - 17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@31 July 2004 - 07:13

Entirely possible, j2.

"Cept I never actually carried a sign.

And don&#39;t feel the guilt. [/b][/quote]

I did go on a march or two - and I confess to having a somewhat impaired guilt gland too.

If my employers are reading this I have not been stoned since the Pink Floyd concert of 1987 (honest )
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Originally posted by Biggles@31 July 2004 - 15:00
    If my employers are reading this I have not been stoned since the Pink Floyd concert of 1987 (honest )
    It doesn&#39;t matter; you are suspended pending review, which will be a mere formality.

You are toast.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by j2k4@1 August 2004 - 14:09

It doesn&#39;t matter; you are suspended pending review,

What&#33;

A whole year off on gardening leave? - only to find they have lost the paperwork and ask me to fill in some forms confirming my identity and to explain where I have been for the last year

The inhumanity&#33;&#33; have you no compassion?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Originally posted by Biggles+1 August 2004 - 09:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 1 August 2004 - 09:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@1 August 2004 - 14:09

It doesn&#39;t matter; you are suspended pending review,

What&#33;

A whole year off on gardening leave? - only to find they have lost the paperwork and ask me to fill in some forms confirming my identity and to explain where I have been for the last year

The inhumanity&#33;&#33; have you no compassion? [/b][/quote]
    No, I do not.

I suggest you use the time off to grow a nice crop of ganja, and install speakers in your garden by which you might re-acquaint yourself with Pink Floyd.

Now, that doesn&#39;t sound so bad, does it?

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345