Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bowling For Columbine

ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Clinton was a great president. As far as I know he worked A LOT harder than lazy ass Bush. No wonder Dick Cheney is more known than Al Gore was as vice-president...
    Bush didn`t even win the damn election. So bassically USA today have a non democratic voted president in office that bombs the world&#33;
    Land of the free eh?

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Clinton was a great president. As far as I know he worked A LOT harder than lazy ass Bush.
    i guess your knowledge doesnt go very far. clinton worked hard?
    lazy ass bush? lol
    i think fighting the war on terror is doing something. clinton was too busy
    getting head from fat interns in the oval office. i would say he was too lazy
    to get a hotel. then maybe he wouldnt have gotten caught.

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Bowling for Columbine is propaganda. Period.
    I am reminded how "pro wrestling" was considered a "sport" not to long ago and now it is called "sports entertainment". Whatever you need to validate your feelings on the matter.
    Michael Moore takes video footage and edits it to his own liking. Did anyone see the clothing change made in the middle of Charlton Hestons speech? Why it&#39;s a miracle I say&#33; (*rolls eyes)
    Michael Moore makes movies that make the upper middle class feel better about themselves.
    I&#39;ve read the article by Mike Dunnigan. He makes several valid points against Michael Moore. Better still, he references a side by side comparision of his version and the actual transcript of Charlton Hestons" speech shown in the movie.
    What a liar Michael Moore is. He&#39;s created a nice piece of fiction in Bowling for Columbine.

For the record. I don&#39;t belong to the NRA and have never owned a gun.

I just don&#39;t like being deceived so blatantly. I feel sorry for those who actually believe everything in this movie. It&#39;s amazing how quick editing and cutaways can so distort reality.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    imported_stg1123
    downloading it now...looking very forward to it.
    I dont have tv so i had to watch the oscars via the live webcam in the pressroom through Oscars Website but he gave a cool interview to the press and we heard his outburst on the stage.
    The truth is very hard to really uncover, its become quite a political thread but If I can add my 2 cents I think we have to seperate between the political and finiancial reasons behing the battle and what is in reality An absolute madman in the form of Sadaam who must be destroyed for good&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Barky is just yanking people&#39;s chains...nobody could be so ignorant, or could they?? Clinton had no guts.. he was a smooth talking womanizer (with really BAD eyesight too, I might add). I agree with you sred2003. People that are ashamed of our country, our president or have such anti-american feelings need to take all of their Michael Moore movies & Dixie Chicks cds and move to Iraq. (But don&#39;t plan on being able to watch or hear them...) but then again, after the country is freed from that Hitlerish monster Sadaam, you Might get a chance to do that afterall&#33;

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    i feel kinda obligated to let u all know a bit about canada considering the way moore pertrayed it as some kind of fear free utopia. first of all, what a crock of shit. every time i turn on the news i&#39;m reminded that toronto has become the epicenter, and vancouver the entry point of SARS (severe acute respiratory sickness) in North America. second. i don&#39;t know where moore found that canadian "ghetto" or whatever the fuk he called it, but i&#39;d like to take him on a little tour of the Jane and Finch area of Toronto, or maybe the downtown east side in Vancouver (my home town).

The rest of the movie was kinda disjointed crap IMHO. he (moore) kept flipping around on whether it was a race issue, or a socio-economic issue, or a media issue as to what caused high rates of gun violence.
    Also, beating a 70+ year old, alzheimers afflicted Charlton Heston in a debate is like me kicking Moore&#39;s fat ass in a foot race. it just aint fair.

i did like the Nichols brother though. that dude was way out of his friggin mind.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    It seesm obvious from running down this tread that Michael Moore achieved exactly what he intended- get people thinking. I thought that the film was very good and was surprised to realize at the end that the most coherent interviewee in the whole movie was Marilyn Manson&#33; Who&#39;s a thunk it?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Every year we hear about shootings at schools in the US of A and sometimes some other countries (france and Germany last year). Kids go to school with their or their parents guns just shooting people. We hear about shooting incidents on work, employees that are very upset, drive home take a gun drive back and shoot some. Don&#39;t say it&#39;s not.. THIS HAPPENS.

A lot of these incidents could have prevent if people didn&#39;t have guns in the 1st place. I know it&#39;s a big issue in the states, to protect yourself. To bad some people doesn&#39;t see they protect theirselves (and their loved ones) better if they have no possibility to use a gun.

Think this is a bit what MM wan&#39;t to say. No linking to the Iraq war in this film, so leave that out of the discussion.
    I agree on what Clocker said, the guy made that people talk and think about this subject again.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    I&#39;m always amazed ( and saddened) when I read about some minor incident that ends up with gunplay. Why are people carryings guns all the time anyway? I&#39;ve lived in several large cities, and not necessarily in the best parts of them either, and never once felt like I needed the "protection" of a firearm. I thought that the most telling segment of Bowling For Columbine came right at the beginning- the bank that gave rifles away as an incentive to open an account. As he walks out holding his new gun Moore asks," doesn&#39;t it occur to you that giving people guns in a bank is a bad idea?" ( Or something like that). We already make it so easy that anyone with a pulse can drive a car and any zipperhead with money can purchase a weapon, I think if Bush were really serious about "weapons of mass destruction" he&#39;d have to look no further than across the street from the White House. We&#39;re just bloody nuts here.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    As long as I&#39;m up on my high horse( what a great view&#33...
    sAdam-
    The NRA WANTED Charleton Heston to be their spokesman and he accepted the position. So if MM went to that organization&#39;s mouthpiece and he comes across as an idiot, who&#39;s fault is that? And what does " fair" have to do with it? If the NRA wants to cash in on Heston&#39;s charisma and public persona then I think they have to live with the consequences of their choice.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast