Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Thread: Well It's Democracy

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by vidcc@9 August 2004 - 13:09
    I Don't think anyone is trying to force churches to perform the service. So why raise the subject ? Churches have free will and their own rules The state cannot force a church to marry anyone.
    A divorced person may find it hard to marry a second time in church. The catholic church denys divorce unless given special permission. So any catholic that divorces and re-marries is considered a bigamist by the church but not by law.
    There has been instances where the law has overuled a religious practice and forced a change. One example is the mormon religion and multiple wives. But i cannot imagine any religion being forced to perform a ceromony that goes against the ethics of that religion.
    I agree that many people use their religious beliefs as an objection and the church has through its spokesmen/women voiced objections. However many that object have no religion and just object to homosexuals so i don't see this as a religious issue rather an intollerance issue.
    The problem is people may object to homosexuality but objections won't stop it.

I say remove the word marriage from the wording in the law books.

Allow civil unions to "any couple".

Case closed.

Churches don't have to perform the ceremonoies. Just have a judge do it.

Churches that are Christian, Muslim, etc and do perform the unions go against their own rules but it ain't illegal.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #182
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Busyman+9 August 2004 - 11:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 9 August 2004 - 11:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc@9 August 2004 - 13:09
    I Don&#39;t think anyone is trying to force churches to perform the service. So why raise the subject ? Churches have free will and their own rules The state cannot force a church to marry anyone.
    A divorced person may find it hard to marry a second time in church. The catholic church denys divorce unless given special permission. So any catholic that divorces and re-marries is considered a bigamist by the church but not by law.
    There has been instances where the law has overuled a religious practice and forced a change. One example is the mormon religion and multiple wives. But i cannot imagine any religion being forced to perform a ceromony that goes against the ethics of that religion.
    I agree that many people use their religious beliefs as an objection and the church has through its spokesmen/women voiced objections. However many that object have no religion and just object to homosexuals so i don&#39;t see this as a religious issue rather an intollerance issue.
    The problem is people may object to homosexuality but objections won&#39;t stop it.

Case closed.

Churches don&#39;t have to perform the ceremonoies. Just have a judge do it.

Churches that are Christian, Muslim, etc and do perform the unions go against their own rules but it ain&#39;t illegal. [/b][/quote]
    Is there an echo in here?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #183
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by vidcc+9 August 2004 - 13:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 9 August 2004 - 13:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman@9 August 2004 - 11:49
    <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc
    @9 August 2004 - 13:09
    I Don&#39;t think anyone is trying to force churches to perform the service. So why raise the subject ? Churches have free will and their own rules The state cannot force a church to marry anyone.
    I agree that many people use their religious beliefs as an objection and the church has through its spokesmen/women voiced objections. However many that object have no religion and just object to homosexuals so i don&#39;t see this as a religious issue rather an intollerance issue.

The problem is people may object to homosexuality but objections won&#39;t stop it.

Case closed.

Churches don&#39;t have to perform the ceremonoies. Just have a judge do it.

Churches that are Christian, Muslim, etc and do perform the unions go against their own rules but it ain&#39;t illegal.
    Is there an echo in here? [/b][/quote]
    Is there an echo in here?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #184
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    First the one other thread degenerates into a debate on who smells.

Now this thread becomes the next echo thread.

Strange days.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #185
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    A father watched his daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and innocent his little girl was. Suddenly, she just stopped and stared at the ground. He went over to her and noticed she was looking at two spiders mating. "Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?" she asked. "They&#39;re mating," her father replied. "What do you call the spider on top, Daddy?" she asked. "That&#39;s a Daddy Longlegs," her father answered. "So, the other one is Mommy Longlegs?" the little girl asked. "No," her father replied. "Both of them are Daddy Longlegs." The little girl thought for a moment, then took her foot and stomped them flat. "Well, that might be O.K. in California and Massachusetts, but we&#39;re not having any of that crap in Texas&#33;"

thanks bigbob

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819