Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's So Scary About The Ring?

I know what you mean. Its not that scary, but its more scary when u see it at the theater. The sound is better and of course the screen is huge. The only parts the really scared me were wen things poped out with really loud BOOMS (u kno wat i mean and then ur heart starts jumping?) If you watched it on VHS that explains it. The DVD is ok, but if you watched it on your comp then your missing out.

and whats that movie your requesting?? never heard of it..

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    It's scary that I paid $8.50 to see it

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Originally posted by Cerberus@24 March 2003 - 12:01
    It's scary that I paid $8.50 to see it
    LOL. I paid 9.75 to see it.. christ

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Originally posted by sk8punk151@23 March 2003 - 16:00
    I know what you mean. Its not that scary, but its more scary when u see it at the theater. The sound is better and of course the screen is huge. The only parts the really scared me were wen things poped out with really loud BOOMS (u kno wat i mean and then ur heart starts jumping?) If you watched it on VHS that explains it. The DVD is ok, but if you watched it on your comp then your missing out.

and whats that movie your requesting?? never heard of it..
    I watched it everywhere including the theatre. See it's the effects.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Poster
    The scarriest part was when some dude hit me with some popcorns, woke me up and told me not to snore so loud.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Originally posted by DataMore@24 March 2003 - 17:01
    The scarriest part was when some dude hit me with some popcorns, woke me up and told me not to snore so loud.
    How can you notice popcorn hitting you while snoring?

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    In my opinion, I dont think it was meant to be a scary movie: but more of a 'psychologicaly suspensful film.'
    Also, your idea of 'scary' could be different than mine.

To you, a scary movie could mean gore and monsters under the bed. To me, a scary movie could mean a truely harrowing story.
    "Scary" movies today rely a lot on "shock value." Todays scary movies tend to play with the fear of being torn to peices by some ugly beast... and I guess that's what we expect from a scary movie. I think The Ring (and the original Ringu), were trying to go for something a little different.
    Rather than being upfront, the Ring made you think. It kept you guessing.

The fact that the movie was hard to understand is an element of its "scairiness." Being unable to explain the unexplainable is a common human fear. "Being unable to see behind the curtain" like in The Wizard of Oz (hopefully you know what I mean).

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I dont think this should be treated like your normal run-of-the-mill scary/horror movie. It takes a completley different approach to the genre. I thought it was great, and I now own it.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    BANNED
    U have to have a good imgaination to be scared of this movie like Blair witched if u don't have a good imagination then it does shit for u its like reading a book rather then seeing it

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I thought blair witch was much more scary then the ring. The ring was a joke, and I am glad I didnt pay to see it... would have been a waste.

The exorcist makes it look a episode of scooby doo

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    Originally posted by adthomp+ --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adthomp @ )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>U have to have a good imgaination to be scared of this movie[/b]

Exactly.

<!--QuoteBegin--Schmiggy_JK23
    @
    The exorcist makes it look a episode of scooby doo[/quote]

In retrospect, i thought the Exorcist was dated (considering that it&#39;s just that). I think the exorcist and the ring run at the same level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast