Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Diet Pills Work?

UcanRock2's Avatar Phantom Gander
    Originally posted by MicroScreen2@7 August 2004 - 13:19
    i heard starving yourself actually makes you gain weight, because your body forces itself to stockpile because it cant garuntee when its next fed
    Very true...

If you lose 5 lbs., you'll gain back 10-15.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    I'm have a care free attitude today, so I don't really care.
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

3. Lounge   -   #13
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    All jokes aside I do have experiance in these matters being at 1 stage a body builder, although I'm drunk now I can give proper info 2morrow but basics are...
    Sugar is sugar it just comes in different forms, the best for u is carbohydrate, its still sugar but it "sugars" as and when u need it sort of lasting all day, other sugars give u a quick burst of energy which if not used will be stored as fat Not eating in the morning will as mentioned cause the body to store energy(fat) Water is another issue, not drinking enough will cause the body to store excess(water retention) a a handy tip for the ladies. Best bet is eat sensibly, eat what u think provides u with the energy u need and exercise.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    In short diet pills do work because they speed up the metabolism which burns calories but they also suppress your appetite, the most common is t5 which I used, its made from ephiydrine which is derived from amphetamines, its does work for a crash treatment but not a long term strategy for weight loss, the side effects are worse than just eating right.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    muchspl2
    DESOXYN www.rxlist.com

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by keyser_soze@8 August 2004 - 13:20
    In short diet pills do work because they speed up the metabolism which burns calories but they also suppress your appetite, the most common is t5 which I used, its made from ephiydrine which is derived from amphetamines, its does work for a crash treatment but not a long term strategy for weight loss, the side effects are worse than just eating right.
    bingo. most diet pills = caffeine + ephedrine/pseudoephedrine. if you're already able to control your appetite, they might help to burn off a few calories. if you can't, the best it'll prolly do is maybe give you a slight buzz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12