Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting High Speed Internet

i would go with verizon but if you cant get it go ith sbc

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    unfortunetly no verison in my area. sbc it is i guess. but is there a monthly or daily bandwith limit with the sbc pro package?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    No.

Check this out.

Check out True Broadband
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    Also, sbc yahoo dsl, can i be online and use the telephone at the same time?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    Yes
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by threelions00@7 August 2004 - 10:03
    just don't go for one that has a download limit...do you get that problem in the US? like over here in UK some providers only let you download so much a month.
    I officially don't have a limit but if i go over 20gb's or so they send you the letter of deaf
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@7 August 2004 - 11:33
    Ive got Comcast. 3 Mbps down and 256 Kbps up. Ive been trying to get something with a faster upload but havent been successful

EDIT: Forgot to mention its $42.95 a month. I pay $45 cause I am renting out a modem from them.
    i have the same service, but i pay $20/month. i just restart a new account every time the promotion ends. i'm so evil.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+13 August 2004 - 08:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 13 August 2004 - 08:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@7 August 2004 - 11:33
    Ive got Comcast. 3 Mbps down and 256 Kbps up. Ive been trying to get something with a faster upload but havent been successful

EDIT: Forgot to mention its &#036;42.95 a month. I pay &#036;45 cause I am renting out a modem from them.
    i have the same service, but i pay &#036;20/month. i just restart a new account every time the promotion ends. i&#39;m so evil. [/b][/quote]
    Ha ha&#33;&#33; Now that is very evil&#33;

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+13 August 2004 - 03:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 13 August 2004 - 03:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@7 August 2004 - 11:33

EDIT: Forgot to mention its &#036;42.95 a month. I pay &#036;45 cause I am renting out a modem from them.
    i have the same service, but i pay &#036;20/month. i just restart a new account every time the promotion ends. i&#39;m so evil. [/b][/quote]
    Genious&#33;&#33;&#33; I have the same plan and dident think you could do that&#33;

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #20
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+8 August 2004 - 01:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy &#064; 8 August 2004 - 01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-threelions00@7 August 2004 - 17:03
    just don&#39;t go for one that has a download limit...do you get that problem in the US? like over here in UK some providers only let you download so much a month.
    Im 1Gb a day on NTL (Apparently):

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    <a href=&#39;
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...mount.png&#39; target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/peerzyboy/daownloadammount.png' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a> [/b][/quote]
    american cable ISPs actually have a worse policy. they have no explicit limit, but they can arbitrarily decide that you are a burden on the network and threaten to cancel your account. i kind of think it violates u.s. laws against false advertising, in some way, by not telling you before you sign up that you&#39;re only allowed to download so much per month. and then when you do violate the bandwidth quota, they won&#39;t tell you in simple numbers how large the quota is. it&#39;s like being stopped for speeding on a highway where they have no speed limit signs.

luckily, u.s. DSL companies seem to have little or no interest in such policies &#39;cause their selling point, the thing that distinguishes them from cable, is that you get a personal allowance of constant bandwidth so that you don&#39;t burden the network any more on one day than you do on the next.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast