Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alcatel Speed Touch Resets When Using Kazaa/emule

I understand that, but I've had the modem for 3 years, and it's always done P2P work just fine. Would you reckon opening it up and cleaning it might work? Perhaps it's dusty on the inside.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Does yours have a separate power supply? The ones I've seen take their power from the USB port, so maybe they are a later model. They only have 2 lights, one for USB and one for adsl.

If yours is different perhaps you could describe the lights for us.

But I still think overheating is likely to be the cause, without looking inside I have no way of knowing but perhaps there is a heatsink on one of the chips, and it has come loose. If you've had it for three years then it is obviously out of warranty, but if you got it from your ISP they should still replace it. Otherwise I can't see what harm opening it up can cause.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    In that case I'm thinking about a different product.

Red light on the power LED indicates POST failure.

Maybe there's a chip in a chip socket which has worked loose (it happens because of expansion and contraction due to temperature changes), sometimes just pressing them back into their sockets can solve this sort of problem.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12