Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting This Pc

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Just a thought you mentioned CD/DVD Burners (RW Drives) &
    CD/DVD ROM Drivesas in the slots to fill. But in the description of both of these products it does NOT say they have the ability to either play or record DVD's. So you will NOT to be able to watch or record DVD's. Is this important to your needs? My apologies if you already considered this. It just stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Peace & gl.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    True, don't go wasting money on a DVD burner if you really need it. It's my opinion that DVD burners are really not worth buying yet. They are slow and all the DVD-R vs. DVD+R non-sense is a joke.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    I was pointing out he can't even watch DVD's with this setup.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by zapjb@25 March 2003 - 03:20
    I was pointing out he can't even watch DVD's with this setup.
    Big deal, who watches DVD's on a computer anyways? That's what the living room is for.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I was pointing it out to him not you. Thought he might not have known. Thats all.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by TheMan1891@24 March 2003 - 04:39
    Looks like a good system to me. But if it was me buying it I would get and Intel board with RAMBUS.
    i would not recomend Rambus
    rambus is dead and will not be suported in most single cpu boards in the near future
    also rambus ram is way expencive
    its not that much faster then ddr any way
    ddr has won the markit

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by Soul814@25 March 2003 - 03:40
    Does having two of this Memory Work for my motherboard?

SimpleTech (Simple Technologies) 256MB DDR PC2700 Major Brand Chip - OEM
    Retail 64x32. 184-pin. Non-parity, Gold Contacts, 6 Layer PCB, CL=2.5, 2.5Volt, PC2700=DDR333, Lifetime Warranty. Part# RB2700DDR/256 Model#: RB2700DDR/256 Special FedEx Saver Shipping $5.00
    - Product Link (limit 10 per customer) -See It! (image count 2 ) -Price Alert (N82E16820150317) Return to Service
    $28.00

Getting two of these are cheaper...
    yes u can put 2 in that board but if u split it like that u wont be able to upgraed ur memory with out having to remove 1 of them and replace it with a bigger on so ull lose that memory
    id stick to the single stick its only what 3 bucks more and then u will beable to add more later with out having to get rid of a $28 stick

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    This is true. A single 512MB DDR module is the best value in the market right now.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    ummm intrestin... okay i guess i will switch back the video card...

second dvd players... i got a Ps2, 4 dvd vcd players in my house... lol!... i dunt dink i need a dvd player for my computer... big television screens look better ... im azn... b00tl3g stuff ... lolz... i got so many b00tl3gg3d vcds... ....

ummm well i doubt im going to upgrade my ram so i will reconsider that slowly... im looking at pricewatch and i see things so cheap... ummmm should i get it from there.... the hard drive and ram?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    dont leave this at the bottom

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast