Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bring It On

RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Not Crazy, just some numb-nut screwed up on the wind speeds, and this was just a minimal category 3 hurricane, then jumped to 145 mph winds in minutes. No longer any time to do anything except hope for the best. Its enough that we have had 3 bands pass over, and I'm still online which means I have power and telephone still B)

2. Lounge   -   #22
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by RPerry@13 August 2004 - 20:46
    Not Crazy, just some numb-nut screwed up on the wind speeds, and this was just a minimal category 3 hurricane, then jumped to 145 mph winds in minutes. No longer any time to do anything except hope for the best. Its enough that we have had 3 bands pass over, and I'm still online which means I have power and telephone still B)
    how bout now?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I got this on irc yesterday.

(01:29) -Global([email protected])- per debbie tessy and family are fine and safe no word on the property yet

I thought you might be happy to know, I sure was.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by SnnY@14 August 2004 - 11:03
    I got this on irc yesterday.

(01:29) -Global([email protected])- per debbie tessy and family are fine and safe no word on the property yet

I thought you might be happy to know, I sure was.
    Well i don't know who they are but i am sincerly glad they are safe

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Originally posted by TheDave+13 August 2004 - 20:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave @ 13 August 2004 - 20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RPerry@13 August 2004 - 20:46
    Not Crazy, just some numb-nut screwed up on the wind speeds, and this was just a minimal category 3 hurricane, then jumped to 145 mph winds in minutes. No longer any time to do anything except hope for the best. Its enough that we have had 3 bands pass over, and I&#39;m still online which means I have power and telephone still&nbsp; B)
    how bout now? [/b][/quote]
    Nope, didn&#39;t have crap when you sent that reply. I just got my power back 10 minutes ago. Damage to my house was cosmetic, just a few missing shingles, a tree in my backyard that fell, and a few sections of our privacy fence. I ventured out and about the community here as soon as the winds died down, and considered to most, we were extremely lucky. The whole county of Osceola looks like a tornado hit it. There are areas that will be without power for several more days.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by RPerry@13 August 2004 - 21:38
    just lost my satellite tv
    how do you muster the strength to survive this ordeal?
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Glad to hear you and your familly are safe&#33;

Now is the time for the dumb "I-don&#39;t-live-in-North-America" question...

Why is it that concrete houses are so scarce in the regions regularly ravaged by storm, tornadoes and suchlike? I mean its not the first time tha states aroung the gulf are hit pretty bad...

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by Gurahl@15 August 2004 - 15:07
    Why is it that concrete houses are so scarce in the regions regularly ravaged by storm, tornadoes and suchlike? I mean its not the first time tha states aroung the gulf are hit pretty bad...
    I would imagine it is about ones income. Because I grew up in St. Petersburg, I am all too familiar with hurricanes. with certainty, I can tell you I will never live in a manufactured home. I have seen no damage at all to the structures of the cinder block homes we have out here, only damage to the wooden roofs, and metal sidings.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+15 August 2004 - 15:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 15 August 2004 - 15:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RPerry@13 August 2004 - 21:38
    just lost my satellite tv
    how do you muster the strength to survive this ordeal? [/b][/quote]
    the quote should have been " only just" which was showing that the storm was begining to take its toll Besides, I heard some women on the radio yesterday, when most of 5 counties were without power, complaining cause she didn&#39;t have internet. ( she hadn&#39;t lost power at all )

10. Lounge   -   #30
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    good to know youre safe, now we need pics

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast