Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "winnie The Pooh"

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by gotcha@15 August 2004 - 23:41
    Thank you all very much for your help. It is now 10.00pm in Canada and my women is waiting, so I am going to bed!
    I will try your interesting solutions tomorrow and let you know the reults.
    Cheerio.

Born in London, England.
    Now live in Victoria,BC, Canada.
    here in keswick, ontario it's almost 1am.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quebec, Montreal..

1:00 AM exact... B)

Of course where in the same time zone.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    5 43am

you know where i live
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Yeah, for some reason, safe mode doesn't work right for me, either. A tip: go to start > Run > msconfig. Then, once there, select the BOOT.INI tab, and place a check in the /SAFEMODE box. Restart your computer, and viola! Just remember to go back, and uncheck this box when you want to boot in normal mode.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by gotcha@16 August 2004 - 01:29
    Hi to you all, and thank you for answering.
    I am using Windows XP Prof

First I have used Spy Sweeper and it says all clear, so does Ad-aware 6, so does Spybot Search,
    However Norton Antivirus 2004 Prof shows that I have "winsrm.32 dll" in my system 32 and says "delete," I say OK and it says "Delete Failed"

To CTPAYC
    Thank you, I opened that site, but being 76 years old on Sept 2nd. I am just too dumb to understand it!
    Cheerio.
    For future reference, remember that Spy Sweeper, Ad-Aware and Spybot are spyware/adware finders/removers whereas NAV2004 is an anti-virus product.

The spyware products aren't looking for viruses and that's why they report all clear.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Yes it's fixed!
    Now how do I thank you all, well if ever you come to Victoria,BC.Canada. PM me and we can meet somewhere for coffee and whatever and my wife will pay!
    Now to thank you, well JUST THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
    I thank you for saying keep tapping F8 while booting up, it worked, but trying to find files in safe mode was hopeless for me. It showed 3 different safe modes and when I did each one, nothing would scroll, or even move.
    http://www.sniip3r.com/programs/cleanerxp.zip would not work for me.
    Process Explorer would not D/L for me.
    But DrDelett showed me where the file was and it had changed it's name to install.cab I deleted it, scanned Norton again and winsrm.32dll had gone!
    Cheerio.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by lynx+16 August 2004 - 08:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx &#064; 16 August 2004 - 08:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-gotcha@16 August 2004 - 01:29
    Hi to you all, and thank you for answering.
    I am using Windows XP Prof

First I have used Spy Sweeper and it says all clear, so does Ad-aware 6, so does Spybot Search,
    &nbsp; However Norton Antivirus 2004 Prof&nbsp; shows that I have "winsrm.32 dll" in my system 32 and says "delete," I say OK and it says "Delete Failed"

To&nbsp; CTPAYC
    Thank you, I opened that site, but being 76 years old on Sept 2nd. I am just too dumb to understand it&#33;
    Cheerio.
    For future reference, remember that Spy Sweeper, Ad-Aware and Spybot are spyware/adware finders/removers whereas NAV2004 is an anti-virus product.

The spyware products aren&#39;t looking for viruses and that&#39;s why they report all clear.[/b][/quote]
    Norton sometimes detects suspicious nuisance files that aren&#39;t necessarily viruses. The same thing just happened to me when I was repairing my mother-in-law&#39;s notebook. It issued a warning about BridgeX.dll, but could not delete it. But then Ad-Aware took care of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12