Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Study Shows The Bush Plan Is Good

clocker, those are truly amazing. Whats the story? How do you sell them? How much for? Who buys them?... Um, wow again!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Thank you.
    There is a very small community of clockmakers...typically loners, we meet every year at the national competition of the NAWCC. Many times, buyers are met and roped in there.
    Typically the pieces are commissioned and construction takes about a year ( well, that's how long it takes lazy, ole me).
    Prices vary...figure $10K and up depending on spec...no case included.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Poster
    Like I said, expensive curiosities. Made for the idle rich by the plain idle.

Get a proper job you bloody time waster (pun intended). There must be some cars needing washed where you are.

Artisan my arse.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Having spent years acquiring the skills necessary to persue this profession it's fortunate that your insight has saved me from further wasteful shilly-shallying about.

Time to persue a more socially beneficial skill.

"Would you care for fries with that sir?"
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by clocker@20 August 2004 - 14:13
    Having spent years acquiring the skills necessary to persue this profession it's fortunate that your insight has saved me from further wasteful shilly-shallying about.

Keep up your good work Clocker. There are very few of your kind left. In years to come someone will ask 'what did Clocker do'. How can one be so dedicated to spend a whole year constructing a thing of beauty, for a pittance.

P.S. Dont foget to wear rubber gloves when washing cars. You'll get rheumatics at your age. I see JP has followed his own advice and is working as a 'lollipop' man now.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@20 August 2004 - 15:13

Glad to see I'm not too late.

You forgot to ask if I wanted to "go large" so I get it free and it comes out of your minimum wage.

Now don't you feel more satisfied than that old fannying about you used to get up to.

Oh and can I just say that those who can create such beautiful things do so at Gods behest. Whether they know it or not.

Thanks for raising the world's average creativity. It really is needed nowadays more than ever.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345