Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control in the U.S.-The Truth

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Toy guns arent being banned, certain replica guns are.

This is because of a recent court case where certain individuals were buying them, taking them to a workshop, and turning them into real firearms... making a hefty profit for themselves and supplying upwards of 200 handguns to petty criminals and gangs in London.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Because it's a government encroachment on it's citizens for no apparent reason; if your going to ban anything; you better have a better reason then "why not?"

Would that the gun nuts were as upset about the myriad other "government encroachments" perpetrated by our moronic current President.
    But alas, this will probably never happen.
    Give a man his AK-47 and he will sit enthralled by his newfound firepower whilst the values this power was meant to protect go up in smoke.

There is irony in that, but I'm too appalled to appreciate it right now.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    kicker of elves
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    ...Crime is a human behavior problem, not a mechanical problem...
    Agreed.

And automatic assault weapons could be referred to as "human behavior problem accelerators".

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Helto
    Agreed.

And automatic assault weapons could be referred to as "human behavior problem accelerators".
    so can beer...
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    so can beer...
    gosh put all 3 together.... yeah i feel safe

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    deleted
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-07-2004 at 08:06 PM. Reason: edited because of double post for some reason

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Care to give a source for which?
    sorry people, I read this info in either the National Rifle Association, or the Federal Bureau of Investigation web site not too long ago, but I haven't been able to find it since I got back. I will keep searching, and post a link when I find it. I have found where there have been ordinances passed in individual cities, but not the state laws.

It's more prudent to spend time figuring out what's right than who's right

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSeeder
    sorry people, I read this info in either the National Rifle Association, or the Federal Bureau of Investigation web site not too long ago, but I haven't been able to find it since I got back. I will keep searching, and post a link when I find it. I have found where there have been ordinances passed in individual cities, but not the state laws.
    Ok post individual cities.

Apart from an old colonial unrepealed law which wouldn't be enforced today i can't see how gun ownership could be compulsory.

I do fully understand that there are old laws still on the books but not enforced today...but those cases wouldn't stand with the case about those places being safer because of those laws.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Ok post individual cities.

Apart from an old colonial unrepealed law which wouldn't be enforced today i can't see how gun ownership could be compulsory.

I do fully understand that there are old laws still on the books but not enforced today...but those cases wouldn't stand with the case about those places being safer because of those laws.
    I agree.

In my city, there is a local Law (that has never been repealed) that all Gentlemen must wear a sword within the city limits... If i; or anyone else for that matter, ever tried to do that we would be arrested.

Another is the old Law that makes it mandatory to fire an arrow into the air every Sunday in salute of the Monarch..

There are thousands upon thousands of old Laws on the books that, for one reason or another just have never been repealed.

I think that Trial by Combat was only repealed fairly recently (within the last 100 years) in the UK, as another example...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I agree.

In my city, there is a local Law (that has never been repealed) that all Gentlemen must wear a sword within the city limits... If i; or anyone else for that matter, ever tried to do that we would be arrested.
    You would probably be arrested, But you would have a damn good defense, probably get the law repealed as well.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 10-10-2004 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

It's more prudent to spend time figuring out what's right than who's right

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast