Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kick ass DVD player...

Quote Originally Posted by BCCorn
    Looks like it, thanks. I don't know why they rename these things for different countries, haven't they spotted that the market is global these days!

If I read the thread correctly, with this I'll be able to simply burn any video file to a DVD-RW as data and simply play it (mpg, avi, asf, wmv, etc.). Ideal!

Going shopping on Monday.
    Yes and no ,you are correct just burn as data,but I don't think wmv files are supported.I know wma files are not

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    i've got the DVP-642 and a LiteOn LVD-2001. they're both good players, though each has a few good & bad points. they're mainly really similar to each other, but the Philips has better decoding of DivX v3.11... while the LiteOn has much better, more convenient menus & remote control and the ability to use the zoom button to fine-tune the aspect ratio if the file is not quite right or if part the picture is being lost off the edge of the screen (the Philips has no way to correct that, as far as i know). otherwise, the playback quality of DVD, MPEG-1/2, VCD/SVCD, DivX 5, XviD, and compatibility with disc brands, are just about the same with both players.

choosing between the two really depends on which shortcomings you're most willing to put up with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123