Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: A Voter Fraud Thread For Ruthie

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    That was the last election. Since then there have been new laws written in to try and prevent those types of things again.

If this election isn’t a landslide on either side it will probably be worse than the 2000 election. There are lawyers at the ready on both sides ready to pounce if it’s close.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    That was the last election. Since then there have been new laws written in to try and prevent those types of things again.

If this election isn’t a landslide on either side it will probably be worse than the 2000 election. There are lawyers at the ready on both sides ready to pounce if it’s close.

2 cave ins, in 1 day, im on a role....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    ruthie's Avatar Poster

Wrong

Jul 29, 2004

Florida Republicans Tell Some Voters to Skip Touchscreens, Vote Absentee
    By Brent Kallestad
    Associated Press Writer

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Republican Gov. Jeb Bush has tried for months to persuade Florida voters touchscreen voting machines are reliable. His own party apparently hasn't gotten the message.
    The state GOP paid for a flier critical of the new technology and sent it to some south Florida voters where a primary election is scheduled next month.

"The new electronic voting machines do not have a paper ballot to verify your vote in case of a recount," the message states. "Make sure your vote counts. Order your absentee ballot today."

That's what Democrats and a coalition of civil rights groups have been saying in legal challenges, trying to force the state to provide a paper trail in case the touchscreen machines malfunction.

"It is insulting that the leadership's own party would believe that the system is broke," said Sharon Lettman Pacheco, spokeswoman for People for the American Way.

The machines are being used in 15 of the state's largest counties.

The governor, unaware of the mailing beforehand, wasn't happy.

"I think he was disappointed that there would be any message that's out there that criticizes these machines," Bush spokeswoman Jill Bratina said.

Neither was President Bush, whose picture was featured on the GOP flier. "We did not authorize the use of the president's image," said campaign spokesman Reed Dickens. "It was inappropriate. I speak for the president and it does not represent the views of the president."

Earlier this week, state election officials reported that a computer crash erased detailed records from Miami-Dade County's first widespread use of the touchscreen machines in the 2002 gubernatorial primaries and other elections.
    AP-ES-07-29-04 2041EDT

TBO.com

I suggest you do a little more research, Hank. This was big news when it happened.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44

The Laws were also there to prevent it in the last election in Florida... strange huh?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Look what I said earlier in this thread:

The one thing that you failed to mention about the computer crash is that all of the data is saved to individual memory cartridges so no of the information was actually lost. It would slow down things considerably if this was to happen but the overall outcome wouldn’t be affected.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Look what I said earlier in this thread:
    So, they knew the system didnt work in July?

Then why is it still being implemented, when they know its not upto the purpose?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    This isn’t just one of those things that was made up and circulated around the internet. There have been plenty of books numerous articles written about that subject, one in particular is in my sig. I can’t remember exact totals but the number was in the thousands of those who had cast illegal ballots in the last election. Would you like to take a guess who they voted for?
    Alas some gossip may be true but you pay attention...

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    only when it doesn't go against your thinking. One of the damned.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Oh boy..who would have thought....

Early Florida voting hits some bumps
    Oct. 18: NBC's Kerry Sanders reports from Miami, as Florida opened early voting Monday for the Nov. 2 election.
    Nightly News

MIAMI - Early voting for the presidential election began in Florida on Monday as activists urged people to opt for early ballots to avoid a repeat of the 2000 election fiasco, but computer problems and long lines soon emerged.

With memories still fresh of 2000, when the race in the key battleground state was so close it triggered weeks of recounts and lawsuits, black and elderly voters in particular lined up to cast ballots two weeks before the Nov. 2 election.

“It was embarrassing last time. Florida looked like a third world country,” said Marie Bond, adding she was voting early "because I want my vote to count.”

“I don’t want the same like the last election,” echoed Haitian American Jean-Jacques Ardoun as he waited in a line of several hundred that snaked from inside the Miami-Dade government center outside. “Last time they took the votes and threw them in the garbage.”

Key battleground
    Florida decided the 2000 election for President Bush after the U.S. Supreme Court halted the recounts, and both Bush and his Democratic challenger, Sen. John Kerry, have campaigned vigorously in the state.

As the voting began Kerry was in West Palm Beach — at the center of the 2000 debacle because many voters were confused by the county’s ballot design. Bush, who won Florida by 537 votes in 2000, was due in Boca Raton later Monday.

New technology, such as ATM-style touch-screen voting machines, has replaced the punch card ballots that caused so much chaos in the last election.

Nevertheless, a plethora of independent poll watching groups, the Democrats and Bush’s Republicans are urging voters to take advantage of early voting to avoid problems.

More than two dozen states offer “no excuse” early voting by either mail or in person, meaning voters do not have to give a reason. Some states, such as Nevada, Iowa and West Virginia, have already begun. Texas, Arkansas and Colorado also started Monday.
    MSNBC
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345