Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Low-Ram use

why not download another copy? any copy of winxp will do, check suprnova for one with all the service packs slipstreamed. Why can't you get back your hard drive space without reformatting & what virus did this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Can you borrow an xp disc from a friend?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    I can not use BitTorrent much, the reason I asked for a low ram use client, is since it will crash my computer when my RAM goes too low. And, I have no idea what did that to my hard drive, but the day that happend (almost a month ago), my antivirus did not find a single virus... and yes my definitions are up to date (I am using AVG 7)

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Hunted, go to http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_remtext.php?id=bagbugnet and download vcleaner.exe, restart your pc in safe mode and run vcleaner, this should remove any virus you're got cos avg's scan might've missed something.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    Alright, thanks, downloaded it, I'll run it after BT is running (downloading something in BT, it seems to be working good... downloaded 500mb+ so far) ... after I finish downloading this, going to download WinXP

=Edit=
    Alright, almost ready to download WinXP, which should I download WinXP pro with SP2 integrated or WinXP Corp SP2?
    Last edited by Hunted; 10-23-2004 at 03:57 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    True I just though considering youde have access to another perhaps...

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster
    I am currently downloading "Windows XP Pro Corp incl. SP2_(BY AL-LORD)_(arabsgate.com)" anyone know if that would work?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Can't see why it wouldn't work, unless your hard drive is knackered, have you tried system restore and scandisc?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunted
    I am currently downloading "Windows XP Pro Corp incl. SP2_(BY AL-LORD)_(arabsgate.com)" anyone know if that would work?
    yes the CORP version is the best version if you are going to be downloading windows.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368
    Can't see why it wouldn't work, unless your hard drive is knackered, have you tried system restore and scandisc?
    I posted the whole problem, but it was all deleted once the forum system was changed to vb3. Well, when I got that error with my HD, all my system restore points were removed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast