Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: kU3ST10N AB0UT FIL3 TR4NSF3P SP33DS (11oneone11!!)

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    English: It will take 44 minutes and around 15 seconds to transfer at full speed.

German: Es nimmt 44 Minuten und herum 15 Sekunden zur Übertragung mit voller Geschwindigkeit.

Spanish: Llevará 44 minutos y alrededor 15 segundos la transferencia a la velocidad completa.

French: Cela prendra 44 minutes et autour 15 secondes au transfert à la pleine vitesse.

Italian: Occorrerà 44 minuti ed intorno 15 secondi al trasferimento a velocità completa.

Portuguese: Occorrerà 44 minuti ed intorno 15 secondi al trasferimento a velocità completa.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    English: It will take 44 minutes and around 15 seconds to transfer at full speed.

German: Es nimmt 44 Minuten und herum 15 Sekunden zur Übertragung mit voller Geschwindigkeit.

Spanish: Llevará 44 minutos y alrededor 15 segundos la transferencia a la velocidad completa.

French: Cela prendra 44 minutes et autour 15 secondes au transfert à la pleine vitesse.

Italian: Occorrerà 44 minuti ed intorno 15 secondi al trasferimento a velocità completa.

Portuguese: Occorrerà 44 minuti ed intorno 15 secondi al trasferimento a velocità completa.
    Oh you're a fucking comedien you are

S'ok I'll find out some other way

Jonno

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Spoiler: Show

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Oh you're a fucking comedien you are

S'ok I'll find out some other way

Jonno

What are you getting stroppy about? He has just worked it out for you and then told you how long it would take

5. Lounge   -   #35
    This isnt English
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    What are you getting stroppy about? He has just worked it out for you and then told you how long it would take
    because it took 44 minutes and 15 seconds to work it out maybe?
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

7. Lounge   -   #37
    We established it would take around 40 mins on the first page, my question was this...

Yeah ok so instead of taking the piss would someone like to explain how this works please?

Yes it did take around 40 mins, but how does this work, I have a 250kb max upload which gives me approx 25kb/s upload, so 25kb is1 40th of a meg, therefore 1 meg would take 400 seconds to upload, that's the logic, but not the fact, because I don't get all this kbits and Kbits, it's fucking stupid, like the old playstation mem cards were not 1 megabite, they were 1 megabit, but they conned people by selling them as 1Mb.
    Getting annoyed now

Jonno
    Jonno

8. Lounge   -   #38
    We established it would take around 40 mins on the first page, my question was this...

Jonno

250/8 = 31.25 kB/s (bytes) - your upload speed ( divided by 8 so you have bytes instead of bits)
    83007.8125/31.25 = 2656.25 - the file size divided by your upload, answer is the seconds it will take
    2656.25/60 = 44.27083333... minutes - the seconds divided by 60 to give you minutes

Does that help?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Im going to assume you mean 85,000,000 bytes (83007.8125 kbytes)

If you freakin want to be exact about it:

250/8 = 31.25 kB/s (bytes)
    83007.8125/31.25 = 2656.25
    2656.25/60 = 44.27083333... minutes
    250 refers to your speed that speed tests and your ISP states your speed is. Which they all refer to your speed in bits. Almost everything else uses bytes. There are 8 bits in one bit. That is why I divided 250 by 8, to get you kilobyte speed.

I then divided the size of the file (in kilobytes to keep everything the same) by your maximum upload speed.

That gave me how many total seconds were needed to complete the transfer. I then divided that by 60 to turn it into minutes.

EDIT: Damn you DanB
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Ok I think I got that, thankyou both.
    still think it's fucking stupid, why name them bits and bytes, kb and kb are 2 different things, what a fucked up system, and why have it divisible by 8, another stupid fucking idea

Jonno

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast