Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World leaders hail Bush reelection

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    actually if you read the article nobody actually hailed him..just said congrats...bit of a misleading title...to quote bush
    that's what you call one of those "eggssagerashuns"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    actually if you read the article nobody actually hailed him..just said congrats...bit of a misleading title...to quote bush
    Aw naw, mainny's title aze pure day repub span.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-04-2004 at 01:13 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    They have a lil sth on their noses....

Ask the populations what they think
    in a stunning turn of events, it's rumored that Kim Jong Il of North Korea somehow managed not to trip over himself in a mad rush to express his congratulations to George W Bush.

as for the article: OMG S-P-I-N LOLz. just 'cause Yahoo Singapore claims in its intro that the leaders were positively tripping over themselves to profess their adoration for Bush, that does not make it true. the quotes don't even support that. they are half-hearted endorsements that they'd already planned to make, regardless of who the winner is: "Dear [name of winner], congratulations on winning the support of 31%-or-more of the eligible voters in the USA. Hopefully we can cooperate on stuff in the next 4 years. You rock, man. Sincerely, your faithful servant, [foreign leader]"

anyway. ho-hum. that article was pretty undeserving of its very own thread. IN OTHER NEWS, SCIENTIFIC PROGRESS CONTINUES IN CALIFORNIA DESPITE GOD TELLING GWB TO YANK STEM CELL FUNDING IN THE OTHER 49 STATES: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...459EST0073.DTL
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 11-04-2004 at 01:46 AM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Aw naw, mainny's title aze pure day repub span.
    The title was taken directly from the title of the article; if you have beef; take it up with the author. I doubt it though; because you guys will trip over yourselves to pin any sort of spin.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    ewww what's that smell?? ewww, it's BULLSHIT. like RF said (in his first post in this thread) let the people talk, not the leaders, after all, the leaders are there because of the people. i for one, and including all those that i know, feel more insecure and pissed the fuck off that Bush won. 4 more years of perseverance, I'm starting to get agitated.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, any repercussion for this in the future (wars or any other "preemptive" bullshit) I will put the blame on the American Public and People, not Bush.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 11-04-2004 at 04:34 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    The title was taken directly from the title of the article; if you have beef; take it up with the author. I doubt it though; because you guys will trip over yourselves to pin any sort of spin.
    Uh...manny

The passwords are:

So what?

The title is still bullshit spin whether you got it from the article or not.

You are in college right?

Some folks are dense.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-04-2004 at 04:50 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    if you have beef; take it up with the author. I doubt it though
    non sequitir. you doubt what? that anyone here is going to hunt down the author and challenge him? why? the author didn't bring it to FST... you brought it to FST and presented it without comment following a slew of posts about how great bush is and how it's time for "libs" to cry. is this just your way of saying that you wish to copy & paste things into the forum, without allowing people to disagree in the same place where you've pasted forth? you seem to want to express an opinion (that the leaders of the world are happy about bush's re-election) yet take no responsibility for it. to deflect any criticism to someone else because you haven't added a single word of your own... to have your cake and eat it, too.

if the case is that the article does not relect your opinion, that you have no opinion on it, and nobody on FST is allowed to express an opinion on it... then why in the world did you paste it? for posterity? perhaps you shouldn't have, if you expect anyone to play by such impossible rules.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 11-04-2004 at 05:20 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    non sequitir. you doubt what? that anyone here is going to hunt down the author and challenge him? why? the author didn't bring it to FST... you brought it to FST and presented it without comment following a slew of posts about how great bush is and how it's time for "libs" to cry. is this just your way of saying that you wish to copy & paste things into the forum, without allowing people to disagree in the same place where you've pasted forth? you seem to want to express an opinion (that the leaders of the world are happy about bush's re-election) yet take no responsibility for it. to deflect any criticism to someone else because you haven't added a single word of your own... to have your cake and eat it, too.

if the case is that the article does not relect your opinion, that you have no opinion on it, and nobody on FST is allowed to express an opinion on it... then why in the world did you paste it? for posterity? perhaps you shouldn't have, if you expect anyone to play by such impossible rules.
    The article was brought in for world leader quotes on the election. Out of such, some have accused me of spin. Actually I am not so peeved at such due to the shallowness of the arguement;
    'they didn't actually hail , persay...'

be free to dissagree, but to accuse is another...
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    you really should add a comment of your own when C&P-ing to let people know what your point is, in doing so. the inconsistency between Yahoo's initial description (rush, hail, etc) and the actual contents of their quotations (basic diplomatic greetings) was pretty glaring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast