Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Newsgroups

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Yea I left NTL, and went with Bulldog DSL (Faster 2MB Connection). Were you with / or still are with NTL?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Still on NTL. Got a fee upgrade from 1mb to 1.5mb and in Feb geting n upgade froom 1.5mb o 3mb down and 512 up .

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Well with the new search feature in GrabIt its become incredibly easy to find stuff now...

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    Still on NTL. Got a fee upgrade from 1mb to 1.5mb and in Feb geting n upgade froom 1.5mb o 3mb down and 512 up .
    Nice. I left just before the upgrades were in effect. I couldn't stand being with them any longer. At one point, I didn't have Internet access for 2 - 2 1/2 months. If you check my posts, there's a huge gap where I was MIA lol

Are you connected via your STB? Or cable modem?

If it's cable modem - is it the PACE model? Have you had any trouble?

If you do, I know there's another cable modem out that NTL don't like anyone knowing about (it's more expensive), but it has something like 99.97% reliability. I think it's a Samsung, but I'll double check that for ya.

Bulldog DSL are, well... they have their ups and downs, but generally their fine. I did have a problem with packet loss, but it turns out it was a BT fault (I disconnected my NTL TV, Telephone & Cable - I was pissed off!), but BT's engineers were out fixing it fairly quickly.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Well with the new search feature in GrabIt its become incredibly easy to find stuff now...
    Using NZB files is still fucked up though.
    Not getting everything with them.
    I'm about to try out NewsLeecher
    Really worth checkingh out.(PM me if you find a decent crack for it by the way...thanks)

But either way,if you're going to use newsgroups,you're best of with a paid service.
    • Retention is much better(up to 18 days with easynews)
    • All the binaries groups that matter.
    • Most of the traceable information in your posts has been taken out already.

...That's all for now.
    Last edited by Filliz; 11-14-2004 at 07:53 AM.

hmm...asspie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12