It is excellent.
    Rack 'em.

Another fave, City of God.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    The Shining

"Wendy, sweetheart, light of my life, you didn't let me finish. I said that I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just going to bash your brains in, I'm going to bash'em right the fuck in."
    For a psycho guy he has straight teeth, however the gresy hair lets him down
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

4. Lounge   -   #54
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I feel bound to adhere to my friend hobbes' stipulation of one choice only, and therefore must also opt out altogether owing to his singular ability to ask the unanswerable question and/or saddle it with conditions which cannot be met.

I have a short list of movies I would watch more than once, but those I like I could watch again and again.

I don't generally like movies as I find they don't measure up to books, and the books I have read that were made into movies have been uniformly disappointing, with a rather notable exception being The Hunt For Red October, although I would not include it in any list of "best" movies.

I don't especially favor any specific genre, but find several mostly unwatchable; I don't, as a rule, like Westerns (oaters) at all, yet having been forced (don't ask) at one point to watch the T.V. miniseries Lonesome Dove, I came away feeling I had never watched anything quite as engaging and entertaining.

As a child, I loved horror movies, but as an adult, the only one I would watch would be The Exorcist, but not because of the genre.

I had heard for years about the Polish Classic Knife in the Water and finally saw it the other night (due to the hours I'm working) and found it oddly compelling, so I will feel free to present myself as something other than a total neanderthal (American specie) with somewhat enlightened sensibilities.

Would that we could have the requisite conversation dispersed around a large table while consuming adult beverages.

I have missed this place and it's habitues terribly.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    I like the opening scene of the usual suspects

The line-up scene was real funny ( in my opinion anyway )
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456