Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ie6

Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF@29 March 2003 - 22:25
    Thanks for that Bender. After all the help I have offered others (some positive feedback as well) I would have at least hoped for a few suggestions.

Where are the chaps when you need them. Perhaps I posted in the wrong place. Anyway I really am getting desperate now, somone must have some ideas. I have tried the suggestions abopve and everything I can think of. All to no avail.

Maybe someone will pop by later, I can only hope.

Where's Rocktron when you need him.
    Right try this.... go to your Control Panel/Network click your TCP/IP network Card (Realtech?) properties, click the DNS Tab and uncheck the DNS option.... (this is how it's configured on my pc)
    (i don't know how it works with Win XP though&#33

But hey.. who knows.. maybe you need DNS entry's?

Hope it help you some JmiF!

To infinity and beyond!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    go to tools, internet options. Click on connections and press "lan settings" then add this IP to where it says "use proxy settings" 194.117.133.118 and port 8000

this was my fix for telewest, but I believe poth are very similar so I hope it helps. I have had the exact same problem you see which is why i was happy when you said broadband. If this IP doesn't work I shall try finding one fitting for NTL but anyway, try that first.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    there is also a simple thing. when you get a 404 try refreshing the page because sometimes there is a data transfer error. Anyawy, get back to me on the IP deal so I can try other solutions out with you.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    yes, Roctron is right the DNS IP has to be static (meaning no IP or anything) However, still attempt the IP configure I told you.

I have a few questions ok just to provoke more thoughts in my head as I WILL fix this for you.

1) Are you on a local-area network (a fe pc's joined at your home)
    2) Have you switched what card the modem is connected to recently
    3) Have you got more than one network card in your PC
    4) Have you swapped the network cable the modem uses recently (I think it has to only be a crossover cable)
    5) have you disconnected the coaxol cable from the back of the modem recently.

basically modem and pc wise give me heaps of data, what software and operating system you use is less-likely to be your problem altho it can cause a problem. Try going to "add-remove programs" and repairing IE6, if not then re-install it.

but anyway, like I say get back to me on the IP issue with the modem and I shall try helping you more.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Thanks very much for all the help guys. So far no joy, some of it may be too technical for me.

As I have only got IE6 installed, with no other browser I am totally unable to access the internet. As such I cannot be at this forum to read your suggestions.

I will let you know if I get it running again. It may involve formatting my hard drive, hopefully not, but if that's what it takes then so be it. I hope I still have all of the drivers and software.

Thanks again.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by hammermaff@29 March 2003 - 16:52
    have you tried the microsoft site for an update patch........... Not sure if it'll help but it might be worth a try.
    isnt ur sig extending the size???

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    BANNED
    al right ,jmi
    can't get ntl in me area so i'm stuck on 56k ,so i'm not sure of your setup .but if sone had this problem with 56 i'd say there tcp/ip files r got curupt or lost som how.

but its worth a go !!
    in network\controlpanel delete/uninstall evey relatin to tcp/ip and reboot
    then go back and install every back and reboot again.

reformatin & installin wins!! arrrrrrrrr!! never!!!!!!! hav'nt go the patinets

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    heehee I smell a wind up.

JmiF, I'd still go for the Scottish Internet plan

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by mrcall1969@30 March 2003 - 12:19
    heehee I smell a wind up.

JmiF, I'd still go for the Scottish Internet plan
    What are you implying.

I have lost all access to the internet and you find it amusing.

Frankly sir I am appalled at your attitude.

I would appreciate helpful replies, not this type of cruel gloating behaviour.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Ex-member
    JmiF, are you actually using another computer to post here or are you just taking the slag?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast