Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Note To Rookie Via PM Regarding Content Fun Slap Choices

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Interesting. In all honesty, it sounds like he soesn't know what he's doing. I'm suprised he didn't ask "What is ftp?" somewhere in that quote. I'm thinking of leaving here anyway. The board has really gone downhill this last year
    Last edited by Samurai; 12-09-2004 at 04:18 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Nice one, Peerzy
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    The team are doing OK in hardly ideal circumstance, there is no active server admin so IKE is running around like a blue arsed fly trying to keep everyone happy, mostly by himself and without the proper permissions to do anything of substance - he has a tough job.

The rest of the team don't have much to do, you're right, so perhaps the odd post does get deleted or poor decision gets made because of this lethargy.
    Well I agree with this and as Ive said it seems those who do a good job and perhaps take to much interest get carried away also, ffs deleting a post that says "Bah" is showing some rather poor character and a tad of obsesion especially since those were exactly my feelings on that post, perhaps if I said "So What" instead would that warrant the same deletion, well ffs.

The point is if it did happen on a random occasion then fine no big deal, but it seems its become quite common as many of us know and Ive made my point on this in other ways before stating it here on the board. I will say Im not here to bash anyone I just think it should stop and its incedibly fkin annoyingng.

It just become childish and ridiculous how it has escalated and Im near sure I know who it is so perhaps that person could speak out or just quietly kncok it the fk off because on every other level their doing a great job.

Additionally your doing NOBODY any type of service here except perhaps yourself, although you may have decent intentions, not even the other mods as all this does is stir up more crap. Once again Ill say it one more time the rule should be no harm no foul ffs...
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-09-2004 at 05:10 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    @IKE

If I could upload skins I would if we can have a normal talk about skins here.
    What I dislike the most about this forum is that some members dont follow the rules for this section. Is it so hard to keep a thread on-topic?? if someone posts off-topic do you really need to reply?? just ignore it.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 12-09-2004 at 05:11 PM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Retired
    RealitY I can understand that you dislike the way I remove certain posts, but if I don't this section is becomming useless. ALL threads with more then 2 pages are currently about Brian blablabla etc.. and if not they are about something else that has nothing todo with the title or the first posts. It can happen when you are posting in a thread and after some time you start talking about something else but it's about this forum. but why happpens this EVERY time here?? and it's ALWAYS the same people who started it.

I know people want to see some changes, and I am doing the best I can. I like it when people reply saying they notice what I do for this forum. But I dont know everything I'
    m learning everyday. I sometimes need to use google to search if other sites have solutions or some guides, because members request things but forget to add how I need to do this

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Ok well youve spoken and as Ive said before your doing a great job so dont muck it it about with random deletions, perhaps lighten up and make better judgement. If its a bit off topic SO FKIN WHAT, its fkin entertaining usually also and the random deletion is fkin ANNOYING so please stop it or tone it down and keep up the good work, after all if not for you I guess theres rally nobody in charge ffs. Once again NO HARM NO FOUL is a good rule to go buy I think, perhaps most would agree...
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-09-2004 at 05:41 PM.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Site Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Good one.

A post to Rookie moaning about the team.

The team are doing OK in hardly ideal circumstance, there is no active server admin so IKE is running around like a blue arsed fly trying to keep everyone happy, mostly by himself and without the proper permissions to do anything of substance - he has a tough job.
    Listen I have already said I am extremely busy in my personal life. I didn't plan on things coming up and there was no way for me to know that my time would be limited. I take offense to people taking thinsgs so personally. People saying I am a very bad person because I havn't had the time I wish I did. How does this make me a bad person?

IKE knows he can Im me on msn just like any other members if they have a problem. I don't think it's right to post a private conversation that I had with you, reality, publicly when you know I was distracted and in a rush.

I want to do what is right for this forum but complaining and cursing me out, taking everything I do personally will not help me get things done.

Once again please understand that I love this forum and have had offers to sell the forum however I will not do this simply because I love it.
    Thank you
    Brian

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by rookiecrd1
    Listen I have already said I am extremely busy in my personal life. I didn't plan on things coming up and there was no way for me to know that my time would be limited. I take offense to people taking thinsgs so personally. People saying I am a very bad person because I havn't had the time I wish I did. How does this make me a bad person?

IKE knows he can Im me on msn just like any other members if they have a problem. I don't think it's right to post a private conversation that I had with you, reality, publicly when you know I was distracted and in a rush.

Once again please understand that I love this forum and have had offers to sell the forum however I will not do this simply because I love it.
    Thank you
    Brian
    Firstly, ignore what Samurai said. That sort of childish nonsense is not indicative of what most members think. Of course neglecting a forum in favour of your private life does not make you a bad person, the notion is laughable.

However, if you do not have the time to actively administrate this forum then people are going to take it personally if you don't delegate the responsibility to someone who can. Issues that need resolution arise frequently and if you're only here infrequenly then it will cause consternation.

IKE is a prime candidate who seems willing to administrate the board and we now know that you have no problem giving him the necessary privileges. That was the intention of my post - so thank you

Quote Originally Posted by brian
    I want to do what is right for this forum but complaining and cursing me out, taking everything I do personally will not help me get things done.
    Actually mate, in this instance, it did. Altho' on my part it is a last resort, I always favour the whinging approach

Hopefully now things will be a lot better around these parts

Thanks again.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rookiecrd1
    I don't think it's right to post a private conversation that I had with you, reality, publicly when you know I was distracted and in a rush.
    I think your a bit confused as that wasnt me as I dont take things seriuosly enough around here to IM you although if you give me a phone number and agree to talk in sexy voice perhaps Ill call you whist driving aroud if Im bored as a gag, and of course I will record the whole thing and ul an mp3 of it as nothing is sacred anymore and it would be rather cute to hear the admin talk dirty I think, as a gag that is anyway...
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-09-2004 at 06:26 PM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    I favour the scream untill they ban you approach myself .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast