Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major bug/glitch in Nero CD burner

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    lol. And then theres the Nero cleantool. Too lazy to explain this again.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Hey Smurfette and Samurai !

There is no need to get personal !

I just want to knowif anyone else had struck this bug ?

Is it a bug or is it me or my configuration ?

I do not want to spend valuable time downloading the latest versions of software (in case they have fixed a problem) I will d/l it when I know they have fixed the problem.

I have been in contact with Ahead's support on another matter and all I got was an email that they had noted my email.

I cannot find a changelog to their software so what use is their web site ?

That is why I posted on this forum as most members have quite a bit of knowledge that they do not mind sharing. You two have never answered my questions.

So I wait till someone else does.

In the meantime is everyone else in the world not deleting old files when they backup to their CD's using Nero ?

By the way any software company that needs to put out monthly updates needs to be questioned !

Regards

Digby
    Last edited by digmen1; 12-13-2004 at 03:52 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    They vastly just firmware updates. To be expected when new hardware is introduced.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1
    Hey Smurfette and Samurai !

There is no need to get personal !

I just want to knowif anyone else had struck this bug ?

Is it a bug or is it me or my configuration ?

I do not want to spend valuable time downloading the latest versions of software (in case they have fixed a problem) I will d/l it when I know they have fixed the problem.

I have been in contact with Ahead's support on another matter and all I got was an email that they had noted my email.

That is why I posted on this forum as most members have quite a bit of knowledge that they do not mind sharing. You two have never answered my questions.

In the meantime is everyone else in the world not deleting old files when they backup to their CD's using Nero ?

By the way any software company that needs to put out monthly updates needs to be questioned !

Regards

Digby
    Look, you could've downloaded the latest version and know whether it fixed the problem by now.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Hey digmen1, are you and h121589 brothers by any chance?

You are one of the laziest people I have ever met on these forums. Do you think we tell you things for the fun of it? If we knew what the probem is/was, we'd tell you. I'll explain further...

The majority of users who use Nero regularly have the latest version 6.6.0.3

Now, you coming on here with problems with software that was released months ago is not going to be much use to use unless it was a general problem that was easy to solve.

The reason we tell you to update is two-fold:

1. With each update, many files, drivers and executables are upgraded, not only to support newer burners etc, but other bug fixes and changes to the way it burns your material, and
    2. If you had listened to us in the first place, and updated your software as suggested countless times, we would have been able to replicate the problem if needed and see if there's a work around.

Seeing as you can't be bothered
    I do not want to spend valuable time downloading the latest versions of software
    then you are just showing us how lazy and ignorant you really are.

A question. Have you actually visited Nero's website?

I found this within 20 seconds on reaching their website...

http://www.nero.com/us/Nero66_Releas..._ROM_6.html#a1

Laziness once more

I think I answered that above, not to mention zapjb's last post. I'd rather trust a company that released updates monthly than one who did every 6 months (or longer!) especially when it comes to burning software.

What's the fascination with wanting to know what the problem is? Many users come on here with problems, and it's not always obvious where the originating problem came from.

No More Laziness!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Hey... I have an idea. Download the latest version and test to see if it solves the problem.

You can then come back and tell us your findings. That would make you be the one helping us for a change.

But I really don't care about this issue. You see I don't rewrite anything anymore. CD-Rs cost so little that it's not worth it to use CDRWs. Just burn and, when it's no longer needed, trash it.

Also I can see the logic that the files don't get deleted because it's safer than the possibility of losing data by mistake. That's what backups are for after all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12