Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Peterson given death

RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    If your looking for forensic evidence, it isn't there.

How many other people were within 2 miles of the place the bodies showed up?
    I'm sure there were a few, but it wasn't any of their wives and child, and none of them were from Modesto ( 90 miles away from the bay )

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    If your looking for forensic evidence, it isn't there.
    I'm not saying the guy is innocent, just pointing out the folly of snuffing out someone's life when there is no absolute proof of guilt.
    I'm sure there were a few, but it wasn't any of their wives and child, and none of them were from Modesto ( 90 miles away from the bay )
    I have a real problem with that.
    You appear to be suggesting that she couldn't have been murdered by anyone outside of her family, which is ridiculous. You cannot eliminate possible suspects because they weren't related to the victim. She could have taken a cab to follow him and been murdered by the driver on the way. She could've been having an affair and been murdered by her lover. The thing is, it may be coincidence that she was murdered near where he was at the time.
    Who says the murderer has to come from her home town? It would be a coincidence, but not an impossibility.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Smurfette,
    Before you wish to debate a case, which I feel you have very little knowledge of, Please direct yourself to courttv.com. I don't wish you to read the commentaries, having watch alot of that while the trial was going on, they are extrememly one-sided. But read the transcripts and so forth, and you see what most everyone else sees.

I once believed the man was innoocent, but his lies, his actions, his lack of emotion for his dead wife and child, his flirtiing with another woman while the rest of his family was searching for his wife, the fact that Laci's stepfather reported her missing instead of her husband, and finally, if I were being charged with something like this, I would have taken the stand to defend myself.
    I won't go into the concrete anchors he made( several of them) for his tiny boat cause they were never found. perhaps one day they will be, then you can have your real concrete proof

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    Just kill his worthless ass. Who really cares? Well not me.
    Coincidentally I watched "12 angry men" last night. If you ever get a chance to watch the film, guess which character you'd be with that statement?

And just for the record, I'm against the death penalty. I see no reason why a society should lower itself to the same act as a killer.

No system is infallable and given there's always a chance of executing an innocent (and indeed as it stand, there's evidence of this happening to many people in the USA in the 90's) that should be enough, if you don't buy the ideological argument.

Let them rot in prison.
    Last edited by Barky; 12-18-2004 at 07:41 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    I think reading Sara's 2 headed post made the lightbulb go off.

Survivor- The Death Row Inmates.

An island, little food, lots of sharks and TV cameras.

This way the prisoners can make money and be a source of entertainment as well.

The "survivor" gets a painless lethal injection.

Just to encourage violence, an "animal of the day" could be dropped on the island. Maybe a few hundred scorpions on Monday and a Tiger on Tuesday.

Talk about paying back ones debt to society.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Poster
    Smurfette,
    Before you wish to debate a case, which I feel you have very little knowledge of, Please direct yourself to courttv.com. I don't wish you to read the commentaries, having watch alot of that while the trial was going on, they are extrememly one-sided. But read the transcripts and so forth, and you see what most everyone else sees.

I once believed the man was innoocent, but his lies, his actions, his lack of emotion for his dead wife and child, his flirtiing with another woman while the rest of his family was searching for his wife, the fact that Laci's stepfather reported her missing instead of her husband, and finally, if I were being charged with something like this, I would have taken the stand to defend myself.
    I won't go into the concrete anchors he made( several of them) for his tiny boat cause they were never found. perhaps one day they will be, then you can have your real concrete proof
    I'm not debating the case per se, I'm arguing against the death penalty and asking for someone to point out the evidence that convicted the man... because what I've read here should not be enough to take a man's life.

I did take a look over at CourtTV a while ago and found a piece heavily coloured by emotion, so I closed the window lol. I think that was just after he had been found guilty and therefore 'fair game' for a little tabloid-style sensationalism.

As I've pointed out, I know next to nothing of the case, the evidence or the pontifications of the lawyers. I'm of a mind he's guilty, but I don't think that the weight of the circumstantial evidence (as I've read here) is enough to guarantee guilt.
    All these things you mention point to a very callous man, but they do not point to a guilty man. He may have hated his wife, and cared not the slightest jot for the unborn child; his actions before, during and after the search may well be those of a disgusting soulless man, but these things do not prove guilt - there are undoubtedly other people in the world a little or a lot like this that are not murderers so we cannot use them to condemn a man... although I agree that they are enough to convict beyond a reasonable doubt.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette
    I did take a look over at CourtTV a while ago and found a piece heavily coloured by emotion, so I closed the window lol. I think that was just after he had been found guilty and therefore 'fair game' for a little tabloid-style sensationalism.
    I tried to warn you about that
    If you ever get the free time, try again, but go to the part where it says full trial coverage. It shows transcripts of phone calls, and pictures of evidence and so forth.
    I had alot of time off during the trial, and the tv program itself was laughable. Most of the "anchors" are former prosecutors, in particular, Nancy Grace who always managed to get on my nerves although by the end of the trial, I had to agree with some of her views.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234