Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what am i doing wrong when burning a xvid to DVD-R

Quote Originally Posted by KazaaBoy
    Sony or Nec <-- very good burner, no problems.

I am gonna try a NTSC to PAL conversion, if that doesn't help I don't know what to do.
    If your using the sony to burn its probably a (rebadged)liteon burner and liteon's have some trouble with dvd- disc's try the dvd+.If your drive supports it enable bitsetting.Bitsetting( http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta= )changes the booktype on the disc from dvd+ to dvd-rom which is read easier by standalone players...good luck

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    tried it and it doesn't work. Needs a laptop and other stuff to get it working. To complicated and time consuming. It's hacked now for region 1-6 so I am happy.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    muchspl2
    Quote Originally Posted by KazaaBoy
    tried it and it doesn't work. Needs a laptop and other stuff to get it working. To complicated and time consuming. It's hacked now for region 1-6 so I am happy.
    uhm no.
    you need your dvd players remote and thats it, who ripped you off?
    EDIT:
    looks like you need a One For All 6-Way Remote to hack it, sorry.
    Last edited by muchspl2; 01-04-2005 at 05:01 AM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Ok I have officially gone insane with this as I cannot get the sound to sync in with the picture. I tried every guide there is and still the sound is out of sync.

I tried NTSC to PAL conversion

Xvid to DVD-R etc......

What the hell is wrong with this? why can't I get it done? I have no problems with a VCD but a DVD-R is such a pain. Anyone experience this problem or anyone that can help me or will to take time out and help me.

PLEASE................ It's a BIG nightmare.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    nsane's Avatar .
    i think your just going over the bitrate limit like you said before. i recently had a similar problem when i was copying The Village, kept getting all blocky and freezing. i just encoded the audio at a lower bitrate and it works fine now

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    ok, now it's starting to make sense. So what should the bitrate for video be and for the audio? I am using TMPGEnc and encoding the audio bitrate at a very high 384kbps because the video is 5000kbps. I thought if the video bitrate is high so should the audio as well.

Or how should it be?

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    nsane's Avatar .
    just try lowering the audio bitrate, don't mess with the video just yet, to 320 or 256

i've never really found a reason to use a bitrate that high. a 192-224kbs VBR seems to do the job for me with no loss of quality, that i can tell

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    ok doing it now at 192kbs.......

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    nsane's Avatar .
    i meant a 192(min)-224(max) VBR, some movies won't sound right at a CBR of 192kbs :\

I, Robot for example...i had a hard time getting the super computer's voice, VIKI, to sound right as it was all techno sounding, and was even above 224kbs. so, changing the max to 256kbs fixed it

also be sure to do a multipass, to make sure it doesn't go too low or high when it shouldn't
    Last edited by nsane; 01-05-2005 at 04:12 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The reason for its skipping is because for the media plain and simple deferent answer i was smashing brick walls making coasters for a year til i realized you have to find the right media that matches your DVD player. avoid especially cheap media

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast