Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: conspiracy? is your internet slow?

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    how are people picking at my theory when they dont have the problem?
    Because you asked and because it's unlikely.
    i dont think it would be that hard for someone who knows what they're doing to reverse engineer a virus program not to check itself or certain system files.
    Not as easy as not including them in the first place. We know from posts in here that an alarmingly large proportion of computer users don't have adequate firewallantivirus/malware/spyware protection so not including them would still hit a hell of a lot of victims.
    ip obviously
    LOL yeah, just as I scrolled down the page I happened to read a part of that sentence that made it completely clear to me
    [QUOTE=TheDave]odd things like where does it come from, why does it tell you not to listen to ad-aware saying it's spywareIn that case you shouldn't trust any spyware detectors/cleaners, antivirus scanners or firewalls, then.
    no, its a crap pc, only running one IE window, no msn, no auto-updates and everything else on the network was switched off. i think it was when i saved the picture
    LOL I meant is there any anonymity software installed... and have you checked your proxy settings?
    Last edited by Chewie; 01-08-2005 at 10:16 AM.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    no proxy or anything.

think, its a pretty good idea on the part of the (alleged) hackers: make a package thats the best on the scene, including most of the programs you'll ever need. pack it into one auto-install dvd. people will choose to download this over other packages. cos of the simplicity it'll get distributed on the street too.

after two months activate proxy that clones upload/download of peoples' connections grabbing passwords and download their registry including bank details, serial numbers and stuff

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    Get a decent copy of XP (ie a scene cracked version that hasnt been fucked with) then boot the cd and choose the repair option, that scans and checks every windows file and if any are just 1bit different to the ones stored on the cd it will replace it.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    Poster
    well speeds are fine here and im also running a legal copy of xp pro with all updates cept sp2 , also no proxys running either.
    Open your mind

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I just updated to XP Pro and my speeds are slow as hell too.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    That site is giving my right IP, but saying i'm located in australia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12