2. Lounge   -   #12
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    its opera, and not the pron browser type either

mind you a fight between satan and jesus could be funny

3. Lounge   -   #13
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    didn't some sikhs just do it?

maybe i should have put some, sorry.

surely, as a christian yourself you don't mind it. no-ones forcing you to watch it. why can't everyone see it like this.

come to think of it, it's hypocritical. everyone should be forced to watch, like i was forced to go to R.E. at school. let everyone hear both arguements and make up their own mind
    Last edited by TheDave; 01-08-2005 at 11:56 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Indeed Christians are very intolerant. When faced by something which is offensive to their faith they often say, "Please stop that, or I will ask you again to stop it. If it gets really bad I'll ask a court to tell a Policeman to tell you to stop it".

Harsh beyond words. No other religious group would go that far and be so cruel to someone who insulted their faith.

Thankfully!

Although it took a few centuries to get there.

400 years ago these individuals would be toasting on a stake.

Clearly it is designed to shock and (like naughty children) should not be encouraged imho. Serious questions over the nature of faith, belief, science and history are however fair game. Although controversial, I thought the movie Last Temptation was interesting and moving.

The Sikhs had a point regarding the play and negotiations towards a compromise over the setting of the play might have worked - I think it was wrong to give in to the thugs on the fringe of the protest. It sets a bad precedent.

Those that have ripped up their tv licences ... well, it is a gesture and no more than that. They have paid and that is on record so no one is going to ask to see it.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. Lounge   -   #15
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    ive had some sleep now, and sorry no-one should be forced to watch jerry springer.

i haven't seen it but i don't think the play says christianity is immoral or christians are bad people. i think its written to make christians question their faith which i could understand someone being very uncomfortable about. however i think to cancel it is against freedom of speech and even the religious freedom our country is supposed to have.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    death to herry springer, he polutes my/tv scer en. :mad:
    Last edited by Snee; 01-08-2005 at 07:36 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    from someone?? god is nothing more than an amginary friend for adults!

8. Lounge   -   #18
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Blasphemy laws are pointless as God doesn't exist. This doesn't mean however that it is not a crime to incite hatered againnst those that do believe in god.

If the play meets the "hate" standard then there is a case to close it down...if not then it is against free speech to ban it.

I was very interested in the idea of forcing people to watch an opposing view because he was forced to do RE.... At the moment it's enough to just leave religion out of schools, we have no need to push to the opposite extreme

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i was yolking about forcing people to watch jerry springer but i don't think RE should be forced the way it is.

however i think denying atheists the right to express their pov is as bad as denying christians the same right

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    nONE SHOULD be able to express their pov, that way everone is happy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast