Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAID on RH8

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    no it's just the mag with the best coverdiscs I can get a hold of here

I had a look around now, and I'm not sure the 10.1 official disc with that mag includes the 64-bit support, if it's updatable for it, or if you need to dl a separate distro for that.

If the DL is a bastard to do, and if you can't get a good coverdisc that supports 64-bit systems, you can always order mandy or Suse. The pro versions aren't cheap, but it should be possible to get something that suits you that way.

EDit: it'll still run on a 64-bit system tho', I'm fairly certain.

EDitII: dunno what shipping from the us costs but this site offers distros for less than that mag'd cost. But since ubuntu offered the 64-bit version for free anyway and you prolly ordered that... D'oh
    Last edited by Snee; 01-14-2005 at 06:28 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    no it's just the mag with the best coverdiscs I can get a hold of here

I had a look around now, and I'm not sure the 10.1 official disc with that mag includes the 64-bit support, if it's updatable for it, or if you need to dl a separate distro for that.

If the DL is a bastard to do, and if you can't get a good coverdisc that supports 64-bit systems, you can always order mandy or Suse. The pro versions aren't cheap, but it should be possible to get something that suits you that way.

EDit: it'll still run on a 64-bit system tho', I'm fairly certain.

EDitII: dunno what shipping from the us costs but this site offers distros for less than that mag'd cost. But since ubuntu offered the 64-bit version for free anyway and you prolly ordered that... D'oh

Linux format's the best mag (imo) to get in the UK (and elsewhere if yer willing to pay imported costs) they had mandrake 10.1 in the december edition.. and so far it's not worked with my friends SATA drives,
    with ubuntu his HD's worked but you have to create your own bootloader if you want multiple OS's on the computer
    which as of yet i have yet to leran how to do it (mandrake doneded it for me )

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    The way it's been lately Linux format has been like an issue behind with the good stuff. That's why I've gone with linux magazine now.

But you have to get your own cover and print out the inlay yourself (hi-rez versions are available at the webpage).

It's all good tho', I'll buy both whenever I have the money.

I don't consider myself an advanced user so there's lots to learn.

Also, the mandrake in the december issue was the CE version, wasn't it? If it was the official might work better.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-20-2005 at 07:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12