Thread: Photoshop Help, Slicing

i have this picture (its a sprite sheet) from a game. and i want to make an animation, taking each picture, put it together in flash, and make a game story or something. But i dont know how to split each individual frame up to a seperate file.

in photoshop, theres a tool called slicing, and i thought that would work perfect, but i dont know how to use it, i selected each frame with the slice tool, and i have a bunch of slice layers, is there any way to make each slice into an individual picture?

heres the sprite sheet im talking about:

Last edited by colt45joe; 01-21-2005 at 04:13 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Easy, but use ImageReady instead of Flash (and you can't make an animation in Photoshop). It will take a few minutes but, crop each individual picture and label them (might take ten minutes) accordingly. Then just make an animated gif in ImageReady. Simple.
    Last edited by Skizo; 01-21-2005 at 05:19 AM.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    after you've done all of that slicing you can click file>export or save for net or whatever it says in photoshop (i use fireworks) then save as gif and it should make a bunch of files out of the slices.

but if u need it an animated gif you will need to open up imageready and copy+paste each layer\slice into the program...one on each frame.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    or choose import folder as frames (save all the images to that folder, of course) and you should be set to go.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash
    or choose import folder as frames (save all the images to that folder, of course) and you should be set to go.
    Yeah, Backlash is right. I thought I included that but I guess I forgot. Once you crop them, save in a folder and open ImageReady >File > Import > Folder as frames, and then just rearrange the frame till you get the order you want.

Let us know how it comes out.
    Last edited by Skizo; 01-21-2005 at 08:00 PM.

yo