Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Iran

HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    Youre quite ignorant if you belive that.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/ene_oil_pro

As you can see, alot of oil. And why does the Us wanna invade Iran? For the oil of course. Just as they overthrew their democratically elected president 50 years ago for the same reason.
    To be honest, you are the last person who should be questioning RF on "ignorance". Under your reasoning using that chart, why is the U.S. not threatening to invade Mexico? They produce more oil than Iran. And geographically, they would be a whole lot closer.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 01-29-2005 at 03:10 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    To be honest, you are the last person who should be questioning RF on "ignorance". Under your reasoning using that chart, why is the U.S. not threatening to invade Mexico? They produce more oil than Iran. And geographically, they would be a whole lot closer.
    If your intention is to control/patrol the world. Is it not more sensible to have 'petrol stations' dotted all over it.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Under your reasoning using that chart, why is the U.S. not threatening to invade Mexico? They produce more oil than Iran. And geographically, they would be a whole lot closer.
    Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that there are 100+ million people in Mexico, plus a possible 20 million more potential Mexican saboteurs in the US. Add that to the fact that Mexico has an Army, Navy and Air Force designed for home security and you have the sort of country the US does not pick fights with.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by UKResident
    ...Add that to the fact that Mexico has an Army, Navy and Air Force designed for home security and you have the sort of country the US does not pick fights with.
    The Mexican military is hardly anything worth refering to as a military. Perhaps you have heard of a politcal party known as the Institutional Revolutionary Party? Once you remove any power your military has in your own country, what hope (or want) do you have of properly defending your country?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that there are 100+ million people in Mexico, plus a possible 20 million more potential Mexican saboteurs in the US. Add that to the fact that Mexico has an Army, Navy and Air Force designed for home security and you have the sort of country the US does not pick fights with.

ROFL, that is all I can say. You may be able to pull numbers from a site (100 million people), but if you haven't been to Mexico, you just can't appreciate how funny it is to think of them as a military foe of any kind.

Besides the actual military has not really been a problem. We wipe up any troops that want to engage us in battle, it is the invisible resistance (freedom fights, rebels, insurgents, or whatever term you like) that has always been the problem.

We did it to Britain in the Colonial War, Vietnam did it to us.
    Last edited by hobbes; 01-29-2005 at 08:54 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    Youre quite ignorant if you belive that.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/ene_oil_pro

As you can see, alot of oil. And why does the Us wanna invade Iran? For the oil of course. Just as they overthrew their democratically elected president 50 years ago for the same reason.
    I think about 80% of the oilfield is under Iraq, which is one of the reasons Saddam attacked Iran to start with.. I think they may have a large Gas Field shared with Afganistan too.

On saying that, I hadnt realised they had developed the part of that oilfield in their territory to such an extent.. I was under the impression that every time they'd opened a facility, Hussain had bombed it (so that lot must have been developed in the last 12 years or so, not bad going )

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    it is the invisible resistance (freedom fights, rebels, insurgents, or whatever term you like) that has always been the problem.
    Exactly my point.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Exactly my point.
    Unfortunate that hobbes had to make it for you then, as he made a distinction not apparent in your post.

Then again, I may have been befuddled by nicotine.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Then again, I may have been befuddled by nicotine.
    It happened to me all the time before my boss made me quit smoking.

Now it happens for other reasons, apparently.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    To be honest, you are the last person who should be questioning RF on "ignorance".
    Really? Then how to you explain the first time the US(via the CIA) overthrew Irans democratic government and installed a dictator in the 50s? Because democracy is evil and America must restore dictatorship?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast