Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Iran

HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    Really? Then how to you explain the first time the US(via the CIA) overthrew Irans democratic government and installed a dictator in the 50s? Because democracy is evil and America must restore dictatorship?
    , If you were paying attention, that had nothing to do with what I said. Ah, the ignorance of youth.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    , If you were paying attention, that had nothing to do with what I said. Ah, the ignorance of youth.
    Yeah it did. You said under my reasoning, why wouldnt the US try to invade Mexico?

The reason why is that thanks to the great coup of 2000, now the assholes running this country can do what they want and since Irans people wont ever let the US control them again after the hardship faced under the Shah. The only way for the US to gain control is through a complete military invasion.

The reason why the Us is going after the middle-east is because it's weak and has a shitload of oil. A perfect target.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    There were two seperate questions in my statement.

1) Who are you to refer to RF as "ignorant".

2) Why you say Iran, when there are country producing higher amounts of oil. And can you please answer this question without rehashing what others have said about the subject previously?

P.S.: Why do you just mention the American backed coup? You never mention the fact that Britian ousted that shah's father. Not only that, you never once refer to the British occupancy of Iran during WW2, or the following decades of near colonial British domination.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 02-01-2005 at 01:53 AM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    P.S.: Why do you just mention the American backed coup? You never mention the fact that Britian ousted that shah's father. Not only that, you never once refer to the British occupancy of Iran during WW2, or the following decades of near colonial British domination.

Arm doesn't mention such things because he doesn't know about such things; he just installed his google toolbar, and doesn't yet know his "pro" from his "con".
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Arm doesn't mention such things because he doesn't know about such things; he just installed his google toolbar, and doesn't yet know his "pro" from his "con".
    I know the opposite of progress is congressand I never installed a Google toolabar on my computer. Since I use Mozilla I find it to be quite useless.

P.S.: Why do you just mention the American backed coup?
    Because I find it to be an intresting part of history. A good example of American hypocrisy. It also helps that my dads Iranian so ide like to know a little about the country he came from.

And the reason that I mention Iran is because thats what this topics about and because Irans at the top of the list for countries the Us wants to invade.

So lets keep up this pointless argument, children.

Edit: And the reason I called Rat Faced ignorant it because for someone to think one of the top oil producing countries in the world doent have much oil is well, just.....Ignorant.

Last edited by Arm; 02-01-2005 at 02:31 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Because I find it to be an intresting part of history. A good example of American hypocrisy. It also helps that my dads Iranian so ide like to know a little about the country he came from.
    Is the U.S. the only ones in the world who is guilty of this? Stop being selective, the big picture is really an interesting thing.

And the reason that I mention Iran is because thats what this topics about and because Irans at the top of the list for countries the Us wants to invade.
    Please post a list to this magical paper that lists in order what countries the U.S. wants to invade.

So lets keep up this pointless argument, children.
    So......asking you to explain what you said is argueing?

Edit: And the reason I called Rat Faced ignorant it because for someone to think one of the top oil producing countries in the world doent have much oil is well, just.....Ignorant.
    Could he possibly just having the proverbial "brain fart"? Least we don't see him posting links to outwar type clones.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 02-01-2005 at 03:07 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Unfortunate that hobbes had to make it for you then, as he made a distinction not apparent in your post.

Then again, I may have been befuddled by nicotine.
    Following me around like an arsehole suits you Clonker, and it's not nicotine that befuddled your brain, it's being made to look an idiot.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Could he possibly just having the proverbial "brain fart"? Least we don't see him posting links to outwar type clones.
    Could he possibly just having the proverbial "brain fart"? What the hell does that mean?

Wow, I was never gonna reply to this topic again until I read this. This is fucking amazing that someone is still bitching about that. What you couldnt come up with a good comeback to what I said so you resorted to the good 'ol old hominem? Attacking the arguer but not the argument.

And Drug Runners.net is not a simple Outwar clone. Kings of Chaos is an Outwar clone. Drug Runners took what Outwar did and made it alot more kickass.
    And besides, that link to my cartel was defunct a few hours after I posted it.

And the magical paper that says what countries the Us wants to invade, well if you remember correctly they wanna go after Iran. They also talk about going after Syria and North Korea. Not that they will but there were talks. Plus they jokingly say France. Of course if we invaded France it would be the national equivlent of shooting yourself in the head.

And what big picture? That the US is invading soverign nations, our civil liberties are being taken away and the economy is devastated. The worlds fucked.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    Could he possibly just having the proverbial "brain fart"? What the hell does that mean?

Wow, I was never gonna reply to this topic again until I read this. This is fucking amazing that someone is still bitching about that. What you couldnt come up with a good comeback to what I said so you resorted to the good 'ol old hominem? Attacking the arguer but not the argument.
    1) The phrase is AD hominem.

2) Once again, no one is arqueing with you. I asked you explain what you said. How is that attacking you?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    1) The phrase is AD hominem.
    That would have been much funnier if you'd said "The phrase is AD hominem, you idiot."

Well to me anyhow, I'm easily amused. And I don't think Arm is an idiot but it just works for my lame joke...I'll shut up now...
    Last edited by Withcheese; 02-01-2005 at 02:54 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast