Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: StarTrek Enterprise CANCELLED!

Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    They already did some dodgy crossovers. I've found a ST/X-men comic.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

yo

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    You get a talented write like Straszynski and you want to confine him to writing in an already over-explored Universe like Star Trek? The constraints he'd face I wouldn't envy him.
    not only that they "over-explored" the Star Trek universe in terms of character types, races, etc.... but Star Trek has a nasty habit of recycling its stories. see one plot used in Voyager, and there's a good chance that nearly the precise same plot has been used in Deep Space 9, Next Generation and the Original Series.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    They could do something that didn't take place onboard something belonging to the federation.

It would be pretty cool if the protagonist(s) was against the federation.
    Like a crew gone rogue, or the maquis or something. But then again, that might just get bolloxed up too.

Maybe a darker look at federation command or something.

Or they could do something episodic, with each episode treating a specific event from a specific era. But that would probably only work with die-hard trekkies.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    They could do something that didn't take place onboard something belonging to the federation.

It would be pretty cool if the protagonist(s) was against the federation.
    Like a crew gone rogue, or the maquis or something. But then again, that might just get bolloxed up too.

Maybe a darker look at federation command or something.

Or they could do something episodic, with each episode treating a specific event from a specific era. But that would probably only work with die-hard trekkies.
    How about a crack space-commando unit that were sent to prison-planet by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Delta quadrant. Today, still wanted by the Federation, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the <Insert name here>.
    Last edited by Withcheese; 02-07-2005 at 08:31 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Yeah sure.

Can Mr T be one of them?

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    They should do a series based in the mirror universe.

I say they start the series normal (about the first 1/3 of the season) to get the audience used to the characters then take one or two of those characters and flip the script so to speak.

I loved the evil Kirk, Sulu, Chekov, etc.

They also revisited the mirror universe in DS9.

I say they do it again......as a series.

They can also do a series with something new.........a bounty hunter....as the star. He plays both sides.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    They can also do a series with something new.........a bounty hunter....as the star. He plays both sides.
    that sounds like Starhunter, a canadian series which had a neat premise but it suffered from weak production values and not-too-hot actors (it starred Michael Pare from Eddie & The Cruisers, Streets Of Fire and a million straight-to-video movies nobody ever saw).

i'd still really like to see a Star Wars tv series, now that tv shows are able to do nearly cinema-quality special effects on a budget. the SW universe has more than enough background material to fuel a tv series, and definitely some cool bounty hunter characters that fans would prolly like to spend some time with. come onnnnnnnn George Lucas, throw us a bone, after we've been patient enough to suffer through those crappy Ewok movies, Jar-Jar Binks, and all of the fiddling that's been done on the original trilogy.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 02-07-2005 at 09:53 PM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Finaly!!

I Hate Treckies!!!

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    that sounds like Starhunter, a canadian series which had a neat premise but it suffered from weak production values and not-too-hot actors (it starred Michael Pare from Eddie & The Cruisers, Streets Of Fire and a million straight-to-video movies nobody ever saw).

i'd still really like to see a Star Wars tv series, now that tv shows are able to do nearly cinema-quality special effects on a budget. the SW universe has more than enough background material to fuel a tv series, and definitely some cool bounty hunter characters that fans would prolly like to spend some time with. come onnnnnnnn George Lucas, throw us a bone, after we've been patient enough to suffer through those crappy Ewok movies, Jar-Jar Binks, and all of the fiddling that's been done on the original trilogy.
    Either that or make many of the damn SW books into movies.

Some are easily translatable. Lucas' ego won't allow it. He has to die.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast