Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the fashion police will get you

Damn's_bbygirl's Avatar Damn's babygirl
    Corn-fed, Home-grown girl-next-door kinda geek
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Can this precious commodity of underwear visibilty be earnt thro' the gift of prose

I'm thinking yes.

Welcome to teh forum, btw

That is priviliged information...

And thanx!

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Meh, people in the states do the strangest thing.

Sure it's a silly fashion, but that's all, what kind of muppet goes around being offended over being able to see someone's shorts?

Or for that matter panties? I guess I can sort of understand it if they don't want people showing off their packages or something, but those are covered.

At least that means that their teens aren't going commando.

I guess some people don't understand the difference between skin and what covers it.

How about wearing trunks when you go swimming, or a bikini, is that totally out of the question then? I mean, it's only one layer :scandal:

Good thing they spend their some of their time debating stuff like that, rather than unimportant stuff like unemployement or homelessness, or whatever, tho'.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-10-2005 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Guess

3. Lounge   -   #23
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    sex before marriage?

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    sex before marriage?
    I think a stoning may be in order.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    At least that means that their teens aren't going commando.
    What's so wrong about that?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Tweedy old crow
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn's_bbygirl
    I just think that modesty is a rare commodoty these days. I wouldnt show my underwear to anyone who didnt earn it...

underwear is supposed to be UNDER your clothes, hence underwear

Do I sense a slight double standard?

To be honest... I don't understand what the big deal with underwear is. Or even nudity.

My parents raised me with the idea that nudity is perfectly natural... which it is. When I was a kid I was naked all the time in the house and nobody said anything about it. It hasn't done me any damage, in fact, it only taught me that my body is my body and that I should love it the way it is.

My brothers, sisters and me are all adults now but there is still no shame between us where it comes to nudity.
    It is a shame that people make a big deal about kids being naked around adults, I think it's perfectly natural but it got all mucked up because of a couple of sick idiots and fanatic religion freaks.

When I come home from work the first thing I do is take off my clothes and have a shower. If there is no one else around I'll be naked, if there is anyone else around I'll settle for a t-shirt and knickers.... no matter who it is.

Every adult knows what a pair of thighs or breasts look like and whether they're covered up by a piece of cloth or not isn't going to make much of a difference...

In fact... last week my boss ripped his trousers and sat in his office in his underwear while I sewed them for him because he didn't know how to do that (men...). The week before we all had to go to a party and we changed in the backroom....again all in our underwear.

My point is... if someone feels like they want to wear their underwear over their clothes, they should be allowed to do so. Madonna did it as well, after all

Rant over

7. Lounge   -   #27
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky1
    Rant over
    Thank you for that - i am nude under my clothes right now.

Question : Could it be that there maybe some evolutionary phenonomon proceeding that is actually making our hips thinner, so that pants as the where before no longer hang correctly?

Last edited by 100%; 02-10-2005 at 08:31 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Underwear, meh.

Bolo ties, death penalty.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Damn's_bbygirl's Avatar Damn's babygirl
    Corn-fed, Home-grown girl-next-door kinda geek
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky1

My point is... if someone feels like they want to wear their underwear over their clothes, they should be allowed to do so. Madonna did it as well, after all

Rant over
    I think that this law in particular just has to do with consideration for others. I personally dont like to show my underwear, or body for that matter, at least not on purpose. Its not that Im uncomfortable with my body (what good does that do anyone) but I am aware that some ppl dont want to see my intimates.

I think its great that you are that comfortable with your nudity. There needs to be more of that, but for now we have to accomodate others who arent so understanding.

Maybe soon we can all lounge in our undies and discuss important issues like world peace, er....somethin'...

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Tweedy old crow
    I think it's just another fashion thing.

A couple of decades ago it was horrible if a man saw your ankles...

JUst think everyone should just do what they like. No one is forced to look

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast