Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: good rts

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Be sure to get Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots, the expansion, too.

2. Games   -   #12
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    Be sure to get Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots, the expansion, too.
    Yes great game.

Lord of the rings: Battle for Middle Earth
    Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War

Also 2 great rts games. WH is my favorite.

3. Games   -   #13
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    try warcraft 2

its outdated now but before war3 was released, war2 was the best online game

4. Games   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen747x
    try warcraft 2

its outdated now but before war3 was released, war2 was the best online game
    I personally thought the UT series was the best online game.

Also @ The topic poster no RTS's have amazing Doom3/halfLife2 graphics, you shouldnt even consider graphics as an issue because its the solid gameplay that really matters, pick up a cop of StarCraft for $5.

5. Games   -   #15
    i played a lot of UT, its a great game i love it and all but i felt the online "community" (if thats what you would call it) well i didnt find it to be all that great.

battle.net isnt the best either but i liked it better then the UT commune, its just at the time war2 was still new, battle.net kicked ass!
    Last edited by Bowen747x; 02-21-2005 at 07:08 PM.

6. Games   -   #16
    The UT2k4 community is massive, there are thousands of great high quality mods made by people who play the game not the developers. That monkey matrix moves mod is fun, bulllet time and such, and many many more. War3 has people that play the game, but no one i that bothered enough to modify it much, par making maps on the map editor.

7. Games   -   #17
    i havent played UTk4 =/ but yeah i agree about war 3, i personally dont care about that though, i just play the game (ladder mode) where you cant use mods and i like that, infact i think im going to go do that right now.

o, and yeah UT kicks ass, and your probably going to disagree with me, but i find shooter games to get boring rather quickly now =( ive played a shit load of them including halo, hl, duke, doom, even wolfenstien pretty much all the greats.

8. Games   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen747x
    i havent played UTk4 =/ but yeah i agree about war 3, i personally dont care about that though, i just play the game (ladder mode) where you cant use mods and i like that, infact i think im going to go do that right now.

o, and yeah UT kicks ass, and your probably going to disagree with me, but i find shooter games to get boring rather quickly now =( ive played a shit load of them including halo, hl, duke, doom, even wolfenstien pretty much all the greats.
    Halo & Doom (3 i spose you mean) are two of the most hyped and overated games ever. The only reason you found them shyte was because you had such high hopes for them. Duke Nukem 3D is a classic, someone managed to port it into my 3650 mobile phone so i play it all the time. When you play UT2k4 against people with high skill levels than you, you feel the urge to continue playng untill you get at least a good kill:death ratio. I use to play against someone who would kick my ass everytime, but it didnt make the game any less fun for me than when i was battering some 10 year old who couldnt find the shoot buttom. That to me makes it a great game.

9. Games   -   #19
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    does the free ground control 2 work online?

10. Games   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    does the free ground control 2 work online?

Yeah i would have thought so, its a full free copy after all, it's properly part of the marketing ploy to get people to play GC1 so they want to buy GC2, so cutting out the multiplayer would be a bit stupid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast