Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer Building Guru's Please Read!

sniper74
    I suggest taking a college course and reading up on the A+ Certification. The next step would be by a cheap computer and practice. The next stpe would be going to google and look up each computer part by its name and read up on it. Go to the library....they have FREEEEEEEE books to borrow but I have found that the library is about 10 years behind on most computer books. Like I can find maybe 1 or 2 books on Windows XP but I can find 30 books on Windows 3.1. However, the parts to a computer really hasn't changed much....other then firewire, USB, Wireless cards and things like that.

Next step I would look up info on how to start your own business and what it takes in your community.....IE the Tax laws, business laws, contractor laws, things like that. Things have changed since Bill Gates started Microsucks from his Garage.

Next is to get some capital.....IE, Money, Denero, Mula, Benjamens. In order for you to purchase the computer components you will need it. Do you have a plan on how to get that? Because if you just mow lawns for a living you might have to mow thousands of them in order to build one computer, in which case you might as well just stick to mowing lawns for a living because its crazy to do that all of your life. Research on how to make a business plan and do a little research of the computer market in your community. These days its cheaper for someone to purchase something from Dell (No I don't recommend it....but people do buy from them) or Gateway then from a local person. First off because of warrenties, and the fact it wont take 3 weeks to get their computer because you are waiting on the parts to show up.

The next thing you need to figure out is the overhead that is going to be required. I am not talking about how tall the ceiling is....overhead is how much it will cost YOU to get the business up and running. I already explained a little about capital. This is how much it will take to actually buy the tools, books, sotware, test equipment and so on and so on.

It sounds like you need to take some marketing classes as well as business classes and computer classes at your local college or high school. Start playing around with the equipment and software. Dont just focus on one peice of software but all software.

Good luck!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Sniper74....

What was so compelling about this thread that you resurrected it?

imasoldier has already moved on to bigger and better things...he runs a lemonade stand just down the block from the Lounge.

Crap product, but the prices are terrific.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123