Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: Are U Still Using Kazaa Or Kazaa Lite?

fester32's Avatar Big daft buggar
    I am quite frankly amazed anyone still uses kazaa or kazaa-lite. It is very well documented now that the MPAA and RIAA are watching kazaa and thats where they caught most of the tens thousands of people they are now prosecuting. They have also been polluting the kazaa network with fake files to the stage where it was reported that over 50% of files are fake.
    I used kazaa many years ago when it was still fairly fresh and uncorrupted, but all you get now are mislabelled files/fake files/viruses/trojans etc.
    I think I have tried most different programs (ares/limewire etc) but have found nothing except for newsgroups that matches bittorrent in any way.
    If you get yourself registered to a good private tracker the download speed and also the speed of releases is unparallelled.
    I have also never yet had any fake files/viruses/trojans etc from b.t. although I have noticed an increase in this kind of behaviour from torrents uploaded to public trackers especially torrentspy. That is where the advantage of using private trackers lies. Members always seed their files and dont post fakes due to getting site banned. This keeps torrents healthy and fast.
    If you dont want the hassle of trying to get access to topsites via newsgroups and irc, then bittorrent is the only other smart option.

2. File Sharing   -   #132
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    Bitorrent displays your I.P. address to everyone and unless you use a proxy everyone can see your I.P. This doesn't mean that they can pin you for downloading or uploading a file. But other than BT, E-mule is an excellent program. If you still want to use the Fastrack network, I highly recommend K-Lite 2.7 which you can download @ www.my-k-lite.com

3. File Sharing   -   #133
    pink_pantha
    I have stopped using it, because there were so many risks to viruses on that and it doesn't always have what i wanted. I use Morpheus, which is fast and very simple to use.

4. File Sharing   -   #134
    K-Lite was my touch with p2p networks.

But it's a period of decay now..

Bitorrent is no1 IMO...

5. File Sharing   -   #135
    wuz using Kazaa Lite about 2 years ago!

6. File Sharing   -   #136
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    I thought kazaa was dead
    ya aint it? maybe people forgot to bury it??
    in anycase it was my first P2P! but as in real life, one has to move on!

7. File Sharing   -   #137
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiniSt3r
    ever since i heard about torrents ive stopped using kazaa lite .
    same here, never had to use any other P2P other than BT~

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314