Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micra Side Mirrors

Now, I know this post is not really relevant to this forum, but i did not know where to post.

Basically, someone broke off my car side mirror (Nissan Micra). Its totally gone.

What should I do. Where can I get a new side mirror. Can I fix it myself or do i have to take it to garage.

Can I get a small mirror to fix it on my windscreen so someone does not break it again.

thanks. Someone will answer.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Those bastards!

Anyway..

http://www.247spares.co.uk/nissan-parts/

... is one option.

or

http://www.cardoormirrors.co.uk/htdo...ch/Nissan.html

Another is to go to your local Nissan dealer and ask. Also, you might be able to claim on your insurance if you have comprehensive of accidental damage cover..

Whether you can fit it yourself or not depends on your competency at using a spanner or a screwdriver I guess...

Good luck!
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 06-11-2007 at 11:21 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    screw going to the dealers they will charge you an arm and a leg. either go down the local scrap yard and have a look around or talking pages will give you the number for a service you ring tell them the part you want and within 10 mins you will get a few calls back from scrap yards quoting you a price. it will be alot cheaper then the dealers.

you can probably fit it yourself and if worse comes to the worse just screw the thing into place.

which mirror is it. im pretty sure its not illegal to not have a passenger side mirror so you can get away with not having it.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play
    which mirror is it. im pretty sure its not illegal to not have a passenger side mirror so you can get away with not having it.
    I was told recently, while stopped by a not-so friendly copper, that provided you've got two of the three mirrors and that it includes the internal rear-view mirror, that you're not breaking the law.

I politely reminded him that it wasn't the law, but the highway-code that would be violated and he promptly booked me for driving without a seatbelt. Serves me right for being an arse.

Anyway, that talking pages thing sounds cool.
    Last edited by manker; 03-18-2005 at 04:58 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I don't have side mirrors on my car at all
    they like, just fell off.

you only have to have one mirror anyway (at least where I live)

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Lounge   -   #6
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I wouldn't bother replacing mirrors....they are useless where we live because we are surrounded by vampires and they don't give reflections.

Last edited by vidcc; 03-18-2005 at 05:27 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    It should be faster without all the extra weight. Probably more streamlined too, without one of those big mirrors sticking out into the wind.

Find the person responsible immediately and thank him for the remedial work.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/filesh/filesharingtalk.com/html/vb3/includes/config.php on line 39
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I was told recently, while stopped by a not-so friendly copper, that provided you've got two of the three mirrors and that it includes the internal rear-view mirror, that you're not breaking the law.

I politely reminded him that it wasn't the law, but the highway-code that would be violated and he promptly booked me for driving without a seatbelt. Serves me right for being an arse.

Anyway, that talking pages thing sounds cool.
    #

When you take your car for a M.O.T now the rules state that you do have to have only two mirrors.Either the two wing mirrors or the drivers side door mirror and the rear view mirror.That what was involed in the test when i worked at an M.O.T station.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Effy > The Police
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Effy > The Police
    Damned by faint praise methinks.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast