Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Notice of Copyright Infringement

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    i prefer pg2 its easier to use and i dont have to worry about manually updating the ip's myself

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    At around the same time, we received dmca removal notices for that that file and others from the BSA. Since we are dmca complaint, we promptly removed all content they requested off our search engine.

We were requested to remove the following items:

Adobe Acrobat
    AUTODESK DISCREET 3D STUDIO MAX
    Symantec Ghost 8.0 Corporate Edition
    Norton Ghost 9

The BSA is working to rid these files off as many public trackers that they can find. If you want to avoid a dmca notice from your ISP, i'd suggest not downloading them.

Peer Guardian isnt going to help you. These are huge companies that employ people for the sole purpose of tracking down sites and users that infringe on their copyrights. They will do whatever it takes including using dynamic ips, proxies, remote servers from all over the world.

The truth of the matter is that if you want to download copyrighten material off the internet, your taking a risk while doing it.

Unless you live in the USA where the laws are totally fucked up and people have no rights anymore basically US is owned by corporations!!. If that is the case then I would advice you to stop sharing software so that you do not once again appear in BSA registers!!.
    What do you mean? How are the laws in the US totally fucked? Would you rather live in another country that will through you in jail for downloading?

I was warned several weeks ago to stay away from TorrentSpy and The Pirates Bay, my fault for not listening.
    The warning claimed massive raids on torrent websites. I checked into this story and had a chat with the guy that put out that warning. His claims did not check out.

-Xanthus
    www.torrentspy.com
    Last edited by Xanthus; 03-30-2005 at 05:28 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    What site(URL) does PeerGuardian2 use to update its blocklist?
    I had the safepeer 2.5.1 plug-in for azureus that uses one of the sites that blocklist manager uses (bluetack).

Hey Xanthus, a warning would have been nice. From now on when you recieve request of that nature how about letting us know

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by skelley521
    Hey Xanthus, a warning would have been nice. From now on when you recieve request of that nature how about letting us know
    Meanwhile, at the BSA office...

"Hey guys, all we have to do is send a notice to Torrentspy and they'll warn everyone to stop downloading our software. Kewl".
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Meanwhile, at the BSA office...

"Hey guys, all we have to do is send a notice to Torrentspy and they'll warn everyone to stop downloading our software. Kewl".
    It would have let people know that they are also pursuing software and public trackers.....think deeper........

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    news flash: Norton/Symantec has been going after pirates for years. its common knowledge
    Last edited by Vargas; 03-30-2005 at 11:00 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas
    news flash: Norton/Symantec has been going after pirates for years. its common knowledge
    flashy;flashy:It's not so much as symantec as some of the others that are listed or not.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    You download stuff for free (pirating) then you take the risk of getting caught. Don't expect the site admin to be warning you off everything that might get you in trouble, they have enough to worry about keeping their sites running.

Peerguardian is worse than useless, unless it blocked out the entire internet they're going to be able to monitor what you're uploading/downloading with apps like Bittorrent. But that might be a little counter-productive.

If you're really concerned about security then start using private trackers or learn how to use Newsgroups.

At the end of the day if you get caught for illegally downloading you have nobody to blame but yourself.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 03-31-2005 at 12:08 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    You download stuff for free (pirating) then you take the risk of getting caught. Don't expect the site admin to be warning you off everything that might get you in trouble, they have enough to worry about keeping their sites running.

Peerguardian is worse than useless, unless it blocked out the entire internet they're going to be able to monitor what you're uploading/downloading with apps like Bittorrent. But that might be a little counter-productive.

If you're really concerned about security then start using private trackers or learn how to use Newsgroups.

At the end of the day if you get caught for illegally downloading you have nobody to blame but yourself.
    I do use private trackers and newz.
    I am not blaming anyone, just asked a question.
    I stated that I knew better, but just made the mistake and your point is??

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by skelley521
    I do use private trackers and newz.
    I am not blaming anyone, just asked a question.
    I stated that I knew better, but just made the mistake and your point is??
    Hopefully you'll learn from your mistake then. Though I doubt anyone will cry many tears if an unpleasant individual such as yourself gets caught and sued for every penny he's worth.

Happy filesharing.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast